Daniel Yaw Domelevo Biography
Who is Daniel Yaw Domelevo?
Daniel Yaw Domelevo is a Ghanaian, public servant and professional accountant. He has been a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana since 1992.
His grandfather was a native of Ada in the Greater Accra Region but migrated to Togo and stayed at Agbetofe. Daniel Yaw Domelevo is a Christian who is a member of Roman Catholic Church.
How old is Daniel Yaw Domelevo/Daniel Yaw Domelevo’s age?
Daniel Yaw Domelevo was born on June 1, 1961. He is 61 years as of 1st June, 2022.
Controversy on Daniel Yaw Domelevo’s age [Date of birth]
According to the Audit Service Board, Mr. Daniel Yaw Domelevo was born in 1960 and not 1961.
The Board alleged that records at the Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) provided by the Auditor-General indicated that his date of birth was 1960 when he joined the scheme on October 1, 1978.
Again the record also showed that the hometown of Mr. Daniel Yaw Domelevo is Agbetofe in Togo; making him non-Ghanaian but on October 25, 1993, some changes were made to the information in the database.
While the date of birth changed to June 1, 1961, the hometown of the Auditor-General was now Ada in the Greater Accra Region.
But explaining the purported anomalies, Daniel Yaw Domelevo said his grandfather was a native of Ada in the Greater Accra Region but migrated to Togo and stayed at Agbetofe.
Coverghana verification on Daniel Yaw Domelevo’s Age
Coverghana verification of documents on Daniel Yaw Domelevo’s age confirmed that, he was born on 1st June, 1961. His Diplomat Passport and Ghana Card (ECOWAS Identity Card) confirmed that, he was born on 1st June, 1961.
Daniel Yaw Domelevo’s work experience
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo is a trained accountant by profession and served in Senior Staff roles at the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD) at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (Ghana) for 18 years.
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo is a Public Financial Management Expert, who worked at the World Bank as a Senior Financial Management Specialist responsible for Public Financial Management projects in Zimbabwe and Malawi and later gained additional responsibilities for the PFM systems in Malawi in 2014.
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo also served as the Chief Accountant for the Ghana Film Industry Corporation [now TV3].
• In 2016, former President John Dramani Mahama appointed Daniel Yaw Domelevo and sworn him into office as the new Auditor-General of Ghana to replace Richard Quartei Quartey. He served in office from December 2016 – March 2021.
• The former Auditor General of Ghana, Mr. Daniel Yaw Domelevo, has been appointed by the Board of the Global Fund to serve on the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board. The Global Fund provides $4 Billion+ annually to countries (including Ghana) to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
Daniel Yaw Domelevo’s Education
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo holds an Executive master’s degree in Business Administration (Finance) from the University of Ghana Business School.
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo trained as a chartered accountant and has been a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana) since 1993.
Daniel Domelevo’s Accountability lectures
Daniel Yaw Domelevo has delivered series of lectures on numerous platforms.
• In his role as Auditor-General of the Ghana, he also served as keynote speaker for public lectures on auditing, corruption and issues relating to management of finances
• In 2021, The Centre for Social Democracy and Friedrech Elbert Stiftung Foundation in recognition of his role as the Auditor-General of Ghana in ensuring transparency and accountability for public resources launched an annual lecture named Domelevo Accountability Lectures. The lecture for 2021, which is the first one, was held on 1 July 2021 at the Teachers Hall in Accra.
• On 20th September, 2018, Daniel Yaw Domelevo was the keynote speaker at the 3rd Kwadwo Baah-Wiredu Memorial Lecture. He spoke on the theme “Protecting The Public Purse- Keeping the gate shut before the horse bolts” in memory of the late Finance Minister.
Awards and Honours won by Daniel Yaw Domelevo
• The Auditor-General, Daniel Yaw Domelevo, was awarded the ‘Integrity Personality of the Year’ at the maiden Integrity awards ceremony.
The event held at Alisa Hotel was organised by the Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII), the Ghana arm of Transparency International, to commemorate the UN International Anti-Corruption Day and the climax of GII’s 20th Anniversary.
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo was honoured Distinguished Public Service Leadership Award 2020 – by Centre for Social Justice Ghana and IMANI Ghana.
• Daniel Yaw Domelevo received Heroes Honor (Paragon of virtue Honors) – by Pan African Heroes Foundation.
• He was honoured Ghanaian Leader of the year 2019: by Ghana leadership Awards.
• In 2019, he was honoured Prestige Award Winner for Transformational Leadership in Public Service:- by National Union of Ghanaian Students.