Lawyers of and for the Council of Elders and the Heads of sub Families of the Dedu family Mafi-Dedukope are, in a letter cautioned Zikpuitor William Ahortor and his followers who illegally destooled Togbe Dedu IV, to, within two weeks withdraw their actions.
On Friday, 9th October, 2020, the Office of the Stool Father Zikpuitor William Ahortor together with his Elders have organized a press conference at Adikah House to destool the chief of Mafi-Dedukope, Togbe Dedu IV of a private name Atteh Vincent for what they described as misconduct, gross disrespect and abuse of power among many towards the royal stool.
The press conference which was aired by Zikpuitor William Ahortor of Mafi-Dedukope in the presence of a section of the community members among others has caught the attention of the media. Coverghana.com.gh having intercepted the widely distributed press statement from the Office of Stool Father Zikpuitor William Ahortor published it on it’s website.
Few days after the destoolment exercise by the Stool Father William Ahortor and others, the lawyers of and for the Council of Elders and the Heads of sub Families of the Dedu family Mafi-Dedukope has written a letter for and on their behalf, upon instructions from them calling on the former and his other signatories to immediately withdraw the illegal action meted out to Togbe Dedu IV.
According to them, having perused the said document of destoolment, they are of the strong opinion that, all the eleven allegations of wrong-doing leveled against Togbe Dedu IV are pregnant with down-right lies and untruth.
The Lawyers of and for the Council of Elders and the Heads of sub Families of the Dedu family Mafi-Dedukope said, all those involved in these activities purporting to destoool Togbe Dedu IV, especially, Zikpuitor William Ahortor, have acted against the norms and mores of Mafi-Dedukope and hereby order them to immediately withdraw the widely distributed letter as, apart from being entirely baseless, contains libelous material against Togbe Dedu’s person as well as against his office.
Meanwhile, the Office of the Stool Father has earlier issued a press statement to have destooled Togbe Dedu IV on the basis of; Gross disrespect towards the stool father, threat of murder of the family of the stool father, embezzlement of community funds, constant struggles and conflicts with subjects, falsehood of registration of the Dedu family land, demolishing of peoples houses and vague promises, false impersonation to another stool, autonomous declaration of switch of district, use of communal property without thorough consultation leading to conflicts (stone query), the scheme of dividing us in other to loot the communal assets, autonomous power and it’s abuses and authoritarian demonstrations leading to tribal clashes.
But the Lawyer on behalf of the chief believe that, the action of Zikpuitor William Ahortor and his followers appear to be physically harming Togbe Dedu IV through the youth they are alleged to have misguidedly convinced hence must be withdrawn.
READ BELOW, THE FULL LETTER FROM DJABANOR AND CO. TO THE ZIKPUITOR WILLIAM AHORTOR OF MAFI-DEDUKOPE INTERCEPTED
We are lawyers of and for the Council of Elders and the Heads of sub Families of the Dedu family Mafi-Dedukope and write this letter for and on their behalf, upon instructions from them as follows;
1. That, on the 11th day of October, 2020, at about 11am some of the Heads of sub Families of the Dedu Family, and Council of Elders of Mafi-Dedukope were handed an eleven paragraphed letter from you, Zikpuitor William Ahortor. The letter titled as above, was purported to signify the notice of the destoolment of Togbe Dedu IV and dated 19th September, 2020.
Those who thumb-printed this document are Dugma (Sic) Petro Akorsu, Dumega John Adika, Headman Akpoka and Zikpuitor William Ahortor. Amongst these thumb-printers only you, Zikpuitor William Ahortor are relatively literate in the English Language.
2. That up till today 14/10/2020 no copy of the said destoolment document has yet been served on Togbe Dedu IV himself.
3. That having perused the said document we are of the strong opinion that, the raison d’ etre of your said document of Togbe Dedu IV is absolutely unfounded vexatious and without merit. All the eleven allegations of wrong-doing leveled against Togbe Dedu IV are pregnant with down-right lies and untruth. Beyond those, you and your fellow signatories did not install him, neither did you confronted him with this litany of “wrong-doing”. Normally, we would have expected you, as Zikpuitor, to first of all have met us with all the charges you have against Togbe. But you did not do that. You are reported to have even invited a section of the press to cover your “destoolment” show.
4. That therefore, we members of the Council of Elders and the Heads of the sub families of the monolithic Dedu Family hereby wish to inform you and same is hereby done and served on you that, all those involved in these activities purporting to destoool Togbe Dedu IV, especially you, Zikpuitor William Ahortor, have acted against the norms and mores of Mafi-Dedukope and hereby order you to immediately withdraw your said widely distributed letter as, apart from being entirely baseless, contains libelous material against Togbe Dedu’s person as well as against his office.
5. That it is now known that you and your followers appear intent on physically harming Togbe Dedu IV through the youth you are alleged to have misguidedly convinced onto join you on your crusade.
6. That we are to convey to you and your confiderates’ and same is hereby done and put across to you that given the illegal process you have put in motion against Togbe and the effort to physically harm him, if any harm is caused to his person and property, you Zikpuitor William Ahortor, as well as your fellow signatories to the 19th September, 2020 letter would be firmly held responsible!
7. Meanwhile the Council of Elders and the Heads of sub families under the Dedu Family have instructed us to inform you and same is hereby done that they are giving the opportunity to quickly withdraw this most spurious document within two weeks of the date of this letter, for, to say the least your letter is most baseless and libelous.
The letter signed by Messrs Djabanor and Co., Dumega Ahadzi, for the Council of Elders and Heads of sub-families of Dedu Mafi-Dedukope has asked the Zikpuitor William Ahortor and his followers to be cautioned!!
Find attached, copy of the letter sighted by us.