The following guidelines must be taken into consideration during the period for the transfer of votes and replacement of lost voter ID cards:
2. Applicants for the transfer of votes must be resident in the Constituency currently residing in for not less than 12 months to date.
3. Only students and members of the Security Services on special duties can apply for transfer if they have not lived at their current residence for more than 12 months to date.
4. Applicants must provide physical proof of the new residence and sign a declaration.
5. If the application for transfer of votes relates to nomination, then the application should not be less than forty-two (42) days before the last day of nomination.
6. The application for transfer of votes should not be less than forty-two (42) days before elections.
7. Applicants for transfer of votes must present themselves to the District Offices of the Commission with their valid voter ID cards.
8. Names of successful applicants shall be entered on the Voter Management System.
9. Successful applicant for transfer of vote whose name has been transferred must be assigned polling station in the constituency where the applicant resides.
10. A person whose registration details have been transferred is entitled to vote at the election in the polling station to which that person is assigned as if it were the polling station where that person registered.
11. The Returning Officer shall give a copy of the transferred voters list to political parties and candidates upon request
12. Application for transfer of votes outside the stipulated period would not be accepted.
13. Application for transfer of votes within the same electoral area or unit shall not be allowed.
14. A voter ID card, reflecting the newly assigned polling station shall be issued to the applicant.
15. Application for replacement of lost voter ID cards must be done in the district where the applicant registered and applicant shall be biometrically verified.
16. Applicants for the replacement of lost voter ID cards are to pay an amount of ¢10.00 through the short *222*1067#.
17. Applicants for the replacement of lost voter ID cards shall show proof of payment at the District Office before being taken through the process.
18. Payment codes shall be keyed into the system to generate applicants’ details for completion of the process.
19. Applicant shall be issued with a new (Reprinted) voter ID card bearing the same details as provided at the time of registration.
20. District Electoral Officers (DEOs) shall be held accountable for any replaced voter ID card which has not been paid for.