Management of the Bank of Ghana has announced the current features of currency note of the Ghana cedis.
According to Management, the features of the note is to assist individuals to easily identify the Ghana’s currency notes so as to avoid fraudsters using counterfeit cedis notes in buying and selling.
FEATURES OF CURRENCY NOTES OF GHANA CEDIS
Bank of Ghana explained that, all the notes have one portrait at the front, comprising six distinguished Ghanaians who spearheaded the struggle for Ghana’s independence.
Also on the front is the independence Arch, the symbol of the political independence of Ghana.
TYPES/DENOMINATIONS OF THE GHANA CEDIS NOTES
The Bank of Ghana has the following currency notes used in Ghana.
Bank of Ghana currently has eight (8) different types or denomination of the Ghana cedis notes. These are;
1. One (1) Ghana cedis note
2. Two (2) Ghana cedis note
3. Five (5) Ghana cedis note.
4. Ten (10) Ghana cedis note.
5. Twenty (20) Ghana cedis note.
6. Fifty (50) Ghana cedis note.
7. One Hundred (100) Ghana cedis note.
8. Two Hundred (200) Ghana cedis note.
OTHER KEY SECURITY FEATURES OF THE CURRENCY NOTES OF GHANA CEDIS
2. Security thread
3. Colour changing sport Sure
4. See through features
5. Gold stripes.
THE “BIG SIX” THAT LED GHANA TO INDEPENDENCE IN 1957
Bank of Ghana has also added the Big Six” that led Ghana to independence in 1957 as captured on the currency notes.
1. Kwame Nkrumah (1909 – 1972)
2. Emmanuel Odarkwei Obetsebi Lamptey (1902 – 1963)
3. William Ofori Atta (1910 – 1988)
4. Edward Akufo-Addo (1906 – 1979)
5. Ebenezer Ako Adjei (1916 – 2002)
6. Joseph Boakye Danquah (1895 – 1965)