Former President John Dramani Mahama has lamented over the inability of the President Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s Government to provide basic schools with Textbooks.
Speaking at a program dubbed Ghana at the Crossroads on 2nd May, 2022, the former President in his speech on the country’s educational system made several inefficiencies in the system which in his opinion is destroying the country’s educational system.
According to former President John Dramani Mahama, the following failures of the New Patriotic Party and President Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo led Government is not good for the country’s educational system and must be fixed as soon as possible.
- No textbooks for basic schools for 3 years
- Capitation has been in arrears for nearly a year.
- Irregular supply of essential services to Senior High Schools.
- Colleges of education students have been at home more than they have been at school.
- The mismanagement of the GETFUND has not led to the needed progress in the education sector.
WATCH THE FULL SPEECH OF JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA BELOW
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh