The New Patriotic Party government led by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo through the Ministry of Education is constructing nine (9) model schools across the country.
Seven (7) out of the nine ( 9) model schools are proposed science focused schools, and are located at Koase, Diaso, Awaso, Abomosu, Akrodie, Weija and Kpasenkpe.
The other two (2) comprise the first ever Creative Arts School, Kwadaso, in Kumasi, and a Senior High Technical School at Dabaa, named after former President John Agyekum Kufour.
Information available to Coverghana.com.gh indicates that, the schools when completed, one school will be able to admit over 3,500 students, increasing access to children from other areas as well.
The Model Senior High Schools is fitted with the full complement of amenities such as playing fields, administrative buildings, libraries, and dormitories. Additionally, the V-Block, one of the structures being built all the model schools has a total of 24 classrooms.
The Model Schools have been designed to include the following:
• 2-storey administration block; library block
• Auditorium/theatre (1,300 designed capacity)
• 4-storey 16-unit creative arts block with ancillary facilities
• 4-storey 20-unit classroom block with 4 dedicated laboratory rooms
• 3-storey dormitory block
• 2-storey dormitory block
•Dinning hall with kitchen
• Principal’s residence
• 2 vice principal’s residence
• 2 no. staff flats
• Sports area, maintenance shed
• Waste treatment/holding bay
• Access roads and paved walkways; and gate house.
See more photos below.