The legal team of the 2020 Presidential Candidate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) John Dramani Mahama has filed a new motion demanding for copies of the collated Presidential Results from the Electoral Commission of Ghana.
The Lawyers of former President John Mahama have filed the motion at the Apex Court demanding the Electoral Commission to provide them with original copies of the collated presidential results of the various constituencies among others.
This came after the Supreme Court dismissed their interrogatories motion for the Electoral Commissioner Jean Mensa to answer certain questions.
The lawyers in the request to inspect documents at the Supreme Court said, “TAKE NOTICE that the Petitioner in this action requires 1st Respondent to, within three (3) days of the service of this notice, produce the following documents for inspection by Petitioner or his Counsel, and to permit Petitioner or his Counsel to take copies of same.
The documents for inspection of which is required are:
1. The originals of the Constituency Presidential Election Results Collation Forms (Form 9) for all constituencies in Ghana;
2. The originals of the Constituency Presidential Election Results Summary Sheets (Form 10) for all constituencies in Ghana;
3. The originals of the Regional Presidential Election Results Collation Forms (Form 11) for all regions in Ghana;
4. The originals of the Regional Presidential Election Results Summary Sheets (Form 12) for all regions in Ghana;
5. The original of the Declaration of the Presidential Results Form (Form 13)
6. The records of the alleged update to the purported declaration of presidential election results on 9 December 2020, of the results of four (4) Constituencies in the Greater Accra Region.