Stella Gyimaah Larbi
Stella Gyimaah Larbi has emerged as the 2022 Most Outstanding Teacher (National Best Teacher) at an event organized by the National Teaching Council in collaboration with Ghana Education Service (GES) and Ministry of Education (MoE) at UDS Multipurpose building, Dungu Campus, Tamale on 5th October, 2022.
Awards received by the 2022 Best Teachers at the Ghana Teacher Prize event
Stella Gyimaah Larbi, the overall winner of the 2022 Ghana Teacher Prize Most Outstanding Teacher was rewarded with a scholarship to study abroad for her Master’s/ PhD, programme.
She was also awarded a three-bedroom house worth GH¢300,000 for being the most outstanding teacher for 2022 event.
Stella Gyimaah Larbi also received the packages as a way of motivation for her hard work and determination in the Teaching Profession.
The other 22 finalists were honoured with local scholarships for a degree or master’s or a PhD programme. The winners were presented with cars and cash prizes.
Speaking at the event, Stella Gyimaah Larbi said “Being here as the most outstanding teacher is as a result of the little good I put together… Thank you to all teachers who came before me, especially my father, Francis Larbi, my Literature in English teacher, Awo Dede, my favourite JHS teacher, and thank you to my students who keep making me better,” she said.
The Top 10 Ghana Teacher Prize awardees 2022
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi – 2022 Best Teacher (Winner) – Adenta Community JHS, Adenta Municipal of the Greater Accra Region.
2. Emmanuel Boye Ashitey, first runner-up for the non-teaching category – Dzorwulu Special School, Ayawaso West Municipal of the Greater Accra Region.
3. Shamuna Mohammed Ahmed, second runner-up for the non-teaching category – Bono East Regional Education Office, Nkoranza South Municipal of the Bono East Region.
4. Forster Oteng Kwadwo Amoako, best non-teaching staff – Nkoranza SHTS, Nkoranza South Municipal of the Bono East Region.
5. Enyo Adzo Dey, National best teacher in KG category – Dzelukope E/P Basic School, Anloga (Keta) District of the Volta Region.
6. Samuel Yeboah, the National best teacher in the Primary category – Asanteman B D/A Primary/KG School, Bia West District of Western North Region.
7. Macclean Kwabena Owusu-Boateng, the National best teacher in JHS category – Naylor S.D.A Basic School, Tema Metropolis of the Greater Accra Region.
8. Joseph Kweku Agbevanu, the National best teacher in SHTS category – Kinbu SHTS, Korle Klottey Municipal of the Greater Accra Region.
9. Gifty Andoh, second runner-up teacher in leadership and administration – Accra Girsl’ SHS, Ayawaso North Municipal of the Greater Accra Region.
10. Ivy Asantewa Owusu, the most outstanding teacher in leadership and administration – Ag. General Director of Education, Bono Region.
Stella Gyimaah Larbi Biography
The 2022 Best Teacher, Stella Gyimaah Larbi was selected as one of the outstanding teachers from Adenta Community Junior High School in the Adenta Municipal of the Greater Accra Region under Teaching Category for this year’s Ghana Teacher Prize.
The 34-year-old Stella Gyimaah Larbi is a proud Teacher, Trainer, Youngsters and Teachers Development Consultant, International Keynote Speaker and a Writer.
She is the founder of “Youngsters and Teachers Hub”. Her works include teaching, consultancy, training, inspiring sessions, grooming and assisting to create strategies in the area of youngsters and teacher development.
She runs “Skills on the go” an initiative to push women and girls. Gyimaah’s work as a teacher started after her graduation from the Presbyterian Women’s College of Education, Aburi. She was part of the 2011 year group.
Her leadership skills started as a College President, EGA Vice Secretary in 2009 and National Women’s Commissioner in 2010. Stella Gyimaah Larbi served as National Women’s Commissioner of the Teacher Trainees’ Association of Ghana (TTAG).
In 2020, she won the Outstanding Teacher in the Adentan District. In 2021, she was part of the Global Teacher Awardees. She is also a Global Schools Advocate and mentor. Stella Gyimaah Larbi is a researcher and makes presentation on issues in the classroom.
She believes the foundation of a person is key to future success and everybody can make a change positively when the right values, skills and knowledge are acquired.
Stella Gyimaah Larbi’s drive is to help uplift the gift in others; to dedicate fully when need be; to learn and come out with theoretical and practical innovations to change the face of learning.
Stella Gyimaah Larbi has over 10 years of teaching and inspiring young people. She is a professionally certified teacher and trainer, and women in leadership Certified personnel from the University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa.
Gyimaah has a degree in English and an MPHIL in the Teaching of English as a Second Language from the University of Education Winneba and the University of Ghana, Legon.
Stella Gyimaah Larbi is married with 3 kids as of 2022.
Gyimaah’s areas of expertise are:
2. Teaching English
3. Teacher development and strategy innovation
4. Youngsters Grooming and Career guidance
5. Mentorship and Motivational speaking
She authored “Girls’ and Ladies’ Greatness Guide”, “Getting the Grades” and “Beyond Today
The 2022 Ghana Teacher Prize is the 27th edition since its establishment in 1995 and the 5th since its rebranding from Best Teacher Award to Ghana Teacher Prize in 2018 to conform to global standards.
GETFund, a headline sponsor of Ghana Teacher Prize, has through its Administrator, Dr. Richard Ampofo Boadu, pledged to award scholarships to the 23 finalists of the 2022 awardees.
This is the first time such a package is being pledged for the awardees of the rebranded ceremony to reward hard working teaching and non teaching staff of the Ghana Education Service.
The Administrator made this known when the Minister of Education, Hon. Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum, MP, launched the 2022 Ghana Teacher Prize at the GNAT Hall, Accra.
This decision by the Board of Trustees of the Fund is meant to place the teacher at the centre of polices and activities of GETFund.
Meet the top 23 finalists of Ghana Teacher Prize 2022 (In no particular order).
Visit here for more www.bit.ly/gtpfinalists.
See some photos from the event