The Member of Parliament for the Assin North constituency, Hon James Gyakye Quayson is in a big trouble after he has been charged by the attorney general.
The Assin North constituency became a topical issue after he is alleged to have been holding onto his Canadian citizen before filing the processes to BECE a member of Parliament.
According to the information, he wrote to the state of Canada renouncing his Canadian citizen but he did not poses any documentation in support of he not being a Canadian citizen before filing with electoral commission to become a member of Parliament.
Following these allegations, the lawmaker have been charged with the following criminal charges.
- Deceit of public officer contrary to section 251 (b) of the Criminal offences Act, 1960, Act 29
- Forgery of Passport or Travel Certificate, contrary to section 15 (1)(b) of Passports and Travel Certificates Act, 1967 (NLCD 155)
- Knowingly making a False Statutory Declaration in contravention of the Statutory Declarations Act, 1971, Act 389.
- Perjury as per section 210 (1) of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960, Act 29
- False Declaration for Office as against section 248 of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960, Act 29.
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh