GES 2023 March Promotion Examination
The Management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) has release the February/March 2023 Promotion Examination Timetable for all staff due for promotion.
According to the official release signed by Ms. Angela Frimpomaa Nkansah the Ag. DIRECTOR, HRMD for Director-General dated 20th February 2023, the Service captured the dates, time, and centres for the February/March 2023 promotion in their release.
Further, they attached dates and examination centres for all ranks of candidates who have qualified to write the Promotion exams.
Management of GES communicated that Index Numbers of qualified shortlisted candidates have been sent by SMS to the mobile numbers provided on the applicant form.
Concerning checking their details, they stated that the names and Index numbers of all candidates are accessible at all District/Municipal/Metro/Regional Education Offices and Examination Centres. Candidates are urged to check their details at least three (3) working days before the day of the examination.
Per the release, GES said the special needs candidates partaking in the Promotion Exams have been given special centres to write the exams.
PROMOTION EXAMS START & END DATE
The February/March 2023 Ghana Education Service (GES) Teachers’ Promotion Examination has been scheduled to start on 28th February 2023 and end on 1st March 2023 across all the centres.
CENTRES FOR SPECIAL NEEDS CANDIDATES
The following Centres have been dedicated to candidates with special needs (particularly visually challenged candidates) to write their Examination:
- Wesley College – Kumasi.
- Presbyterian College of Education – Akropong.
- NJA College of Education – Wa.
FOR SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
Candidates who may need special assistance during the Examination should make all the necessary contacts and arrangements at least three (3) working days before the day of the Examination.
HOW TO CHANNEL COMPLAINTS FOR REDRESS
Shortlisted candidates are urged to channel any complaint through their District/Municipal/Metro Education Offices to the GES Headquarters, before the Examination day for redress.
Candidates without index numbers should not report to the Examination Centre.
1. Candidates have been sent SMS messages indicating their Staff Id, Index numbers, and Exam centres.
2. Candidates will be required to quote their Staff Id and Index numbers during exams.
3. Candidates initially placed at Gbewaa College of Education have been moved to St. John Bosco’s College of Education.
4. The following centres have been dedicated to candidates with special needs (particularly visually challenged candidates) to write their exams: Wesley College – Kumasi; Presbyterian College of Education – Akropong and NJA College of Education – Wa.
WHERE THE PROMOTION EXAMS WILL COVER
The Promotion exams questions will cover the following areas:
- Knowledge of MOE and GES School.
- Classroom Management/Theories of Teaching and Learning.
- Curriculum Development.
- Office Practices.
- Contemporary National and International Issues.
- Educational Administration and Management.
a. Principal Superintendents (75 Multiple choice/True or False questions)
b. Assistant Director II (75 Multiple choice/True or False questions)
c. Assistant Director (75 Multiple choice/True or False questions)
d. Deputy Director (60 Multiple choice questions/True or False and 15 Fill in questions)
Candidates must present a National Identification Card bearing their names and photo at the examination centers.
Find attach the timetable covering all the Regions for the February/March 2023 Promotion Exams.