The West African Examination Council (WAEC) says, some 2022 WASSCE candidates and invigilators are smuggling mobile phones into examination hall.
The examining body has explained that their Inspectors and Monitoring teams continue to report cases of candidates bringing mobile phones into the examination halls to take snap shots of questions and receive solutions from Telegram channels and social media groups.
According to WAEC, in some instances, Invigilators have been caught in the act perpetrating the same malpractice as in the following cases:
1. Ideal College, Kasoa – during Government 2 & 1 an Invigilator, was caught with a mobile phone assisting a candidate.
2. Asawinso Senior High School, another Invigilator took snap shots of Social Studies Paper 2 and forwarded same to his contractor at Sefwi Bekwai via WhatsApp.
3. It was also observed that some persons snapped the papers during the examination and forward them to some Telegram Channels. Some of the snapshots were tracked to the following schools:
4. Graphic Design Paper 2 – tracked to Sandema Senior High School, where a candidate has been arrested and processed for court.
5. Management-In-Living – tracked to Catabb Senior High School, Kumasi Investigations are ongoing to arrest the perpetrator.
Mathematics (Core) 2 – tracked to Toase Senior High School.
We strive to bring you accurate and fair information. If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org