The Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability, ASEPA has officially petitioned the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police Service to Arrest and Prosecute Hon. Mavis Hawa Koomson.
It could be recalled that the minister for special development initiative Hon. Mavis Hawa Koomson revealed in an interview on Adom Fm that she fired warning shots at a Registration Center at Kasoa because she and her followers were attacked by “Macho Men”
According to the petition from ASEPA to the Police CID, Madam Hawa Koomson needs to be arrested and Prosecuted because, she enagaged in gun violence, illegal use of pepper spray and destruction of properties.
The petition from ASEPA also added a chronology of events that occurred at the registration center led by Hon. Hawa Koomson as stated below
1. On the 20h of July, 2020, Madam Hawa Koomson, here in referred to as the culprit, visited Step of Christ Polling station in the Awutu Senya East Constituency.
2: Upon arrival, she ordered her civilian escorts to move some motorbikes that had been parked around the polling station.
3. As his men tried to move the motorbikes, the owners of the bikes rushed towards the bikes to move them themselves.
4. The men of Hawa Koomson then open pepper spray unto he owners of the bikes, causing some injury and others to flee.
5. Madam Hawa Koomson then ordered her men to set the bikes ablaze which they obliged.
6. As the bikes were being burnt others who had parked their bikes in nearby areas also started to ran.
7. In the midst of the chas, Madam Hawa Koomson then ordered his men to open fire into the crowd.
8, Luckily, no one hit by the stray bullet except a nearby house that was hit by the stray bullets.
9.Subsequently in an interview on JoyNews Madam Hawa Koomson admitted responsibility for the gunshots.
10. The above are the facts as given to us by Eye Witnesses when we visited the Scene after the incident.
11. We therefore demand the immediate arrest of Madam Hawa Koomson and her men and arraigned before court in accordance with Laws of the Republic of Ghana.
12. We also demand a compensation or restitution package for all the Owners of the motorbikes that were burnt down by the hoodlums and any other property that was destroyed in the process.
BELOW IS THE PETITION FROM ASEPA TO THE POLICE CID