H.E the former President of the Republic of Ghana and the flagbearer of the opposition National Democratic Congress John Dramani Mahama has finally selected a running mate ahead of this year’s December 7th 2020 general election.
According to our sources, former President who whipped Prof Joshua Alabi, Alban Bagbin, Dr. Ekwow Spio-Garbrah, Sylvester Mensah, Goosie Tanoh and Nurudeen Iddrisu to become flagbearer of the opposition National Democratic Congress has settled on Prof. Jane Naana Opoku Agyeman as his running to complete the NDC ticket.
Prof. Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang is a renowned educationist and one of the senior members of the National Democratic Congress.
BELOW IS A BRIEF PROFILE OF PROF. JANE NAANA OPOKU AGYEMANG
Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang
DATE OF BIRTH
22 November 1951 in Cape Coast
- Anglican Girls’ Secondary School at Koforidua and Aburi Presby Girls’ School.
- She had her secondary education at the Wesley Girls High School in Cape Coast from 1964 to 1971.
- She completed B.Ed.(Hons) in English and French at the University of Cape Coast in 1977.
- She obtained her Masters from York University in Toronto in 1980.
- She also obtained her Doctorate from University of Ontario, Canada in 1986.
- Professor Opoku-Agyemang taught at the University of Cape Coast, starting from 1986. Whiles teaching at the University of Cape Coast, she held various academic positions including Head of the Department of English, Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Warden of Adehye Hall, Valco Trust Fund Post-Graduate Hostel, and Dean of School of Graduate Studies and Research.
- From 1997, she held the position of Academic Director of the School for International Training in the History and Cultures of the African Diaspora.
- And From 2008-2012 she was appointed the vice Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast.
- In 2009, she was elected as Ghana’s representative to the Executive Board of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO).
- Between 2013 and 2017, she was the Education Minister of Ghana appointment by the former President John Dramani Mahama.
- In October 2018, she was appointed the Chancellor of the Women’s University in Africa located in Zimbabwe.
MORE COMING SOON…………