DR. BERNARD OKOE BOYE
Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye who hails from Teshie in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana was born on Monday, 25th January, 1982.
DR. BERNARD OKOE BOYE EDUCATION
- Dr. Okoe Boye is an old student of the Presbyterian Boys’ Secondary School (PRESEC Legon).
- Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye holds Masters Degree in Public Health (MPH) from Hamburg School of Applied Science.
- He also obtained A1 Certificate in German at Geothe Institute, Accra
- Dr. Okoe Boye acquired Bachelor of Science in Medicine and Surgery at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
- He also graduated from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology with Bachelor of Science in Human Biology.
- He is a Licenced Medical Offer under the Medical Dental Council and Medical and Dental Council.
DR. BERNARD OKOE BOYE’S WORK EXPERIENCE
- Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye served as House Officer from 2009 to 2012 in the Ghana Health Service.
- He also served as a Medical Officer from 2012 to 2016 under the Ghana Health Service.
Dr. Bernard Okoe-Boye is a Member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and member of the 7th Parliament of the 4th Republic of Ghana representing the people of Ledzokuku Constituency in the Greater Accra Region.
He lost his Member of Parliament seat for the Ledzokuku constituency in the December 2020 Parliamentary Polls to the National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) Benjamin Ayiku Narteh with a total of 55,938 votes against 54,072 total valid votes.
During his time in Parliament as an MP, he served on the Government’s Assurance Committee and Health Committee of the 7th Parliament.
DR. BERNARD OKOE BOYE’S APPOINTMENT AT THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye was appointed and sworn into office by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo as Deputy Minister of Health during the President’s first tenure of office.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo swore him as a Deputy Minister of Health, charging him to support the Minister of Health Hon. Kweku Agyeman Manu in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
DR. BERNARD OKOE BOYE APPOINTMENT TO NHIA
On 21st April, 2022, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA).
In a letter signed by the Chief of Staff, Hon. Akosua Frema Osei-Opare on 21st April, 2022, the appointment is in pursuant to Section 14 (1) of the National Health Insurance Act, 2012 (Act 852).
According to the Chief of Staff, the appointment is pending receipt of the constitutionally required advice of the governing board of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), given in consultation with the Public Services Commission.
Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye’s appointment takes effect from Tuesday, 3rd May, 2022.
Meanwhile, he is asked to accept his appointment or otherwise within 14 days of receipt of the letter.