There is a hulabollon hovering over the procurement and distribution of the New Patriotic Party government’s agenda “One Teacher One Laptop Initiative” for Ghanaian Teachers.
It appears that, as of now, many Ghanaian teachers are not satisfied on procedures and modalities, especially issues involving the cost and specifications of the Mate 1 TM1 laptops.
The cost of the laptops begin changing miraculously overtime, making the teachers not to trust any Communications from their Employer (Ghana Education Service) and Teacher Unions.
In the course of these conflicting cost of laptops from Teacher Unions, the Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Service, a renowned and emerging Teacher Union thus: Informed Teachers Network (ITN) has disclosed preliminary findings about the Mate 1 TM1 laptops.
The Chief Executive Officer of Informed Teachers Network (ITN) Mr. Jerry Akporhor together with his team have outlined detailed findings about the supplier, company, and the laptop.
They have, however disclosed certain hiding facts to the public in a latest statement.
Find below, the full findings about the Mate 1 TM1 laptops disclosed by ITN.
|Name of company||KA Technologies|
|TM||Stands for Teachers Mate|
|KA Technologies website||Katechnologiesgh.com (Newly created)|
|Instagram account||KA Technologies-gh (With first activity on 23rd July, 2021)|
|Facebook Account||KA Technologies (With first activity on 2nd June, 2021)|
|Twitter Account||KA Technologies (With first activity on 23rd July, 2021)|
|YouTube||The name is for a French IT Company. The logo is the only difference|
|Year of TM1 Laptop Registration||2019|
|Client||GES and MoE as their only customer|
RELATED ARTICLES ON ONE TEACHER ONE LAPTOP INITIATIVE
- Teacher Unions announce cost, payment and distribution of “One Teacher One Laptop Project”
- NAGRAT President exposed over “One Teacher One Laptop” in a hot video; An extortion or a mistake?
- ‘We are sorry’: CCT-GH apologizes for ‘disrespectful’ comments against teachers on ‘One Teacher One Laptop Initiative’
1. On their website, at the customers page, their only client is the Ghana Education Service (GES) and Ministry of Education (MOE)
2 All the social media handles have the fingerprint of one Nana Kwabena Kwarteng from Secondi.
3. tje company also seems to have a link with enigma IT Group.
4. Possible location, Spintex/ Secondi
These are just findings in attempts to answer the following questions;
1. When was the company formed and registered?
2. Who are the faces behind?
3. Who are the owners
4. How was the contract awarded?
5. Was there any sole sourcing of competitive tendering?
6. What is the track record of the company?
7. Who have they supplied their products to before?
8. Was the company formed purposely to be awarded this contract?
9. What is the actual price of the Laptops?
10. Does this initiative have the teachers and students in mind or the gain in mind?
According to teachers, there seem to be something fishy clouding the intent and purpose of this much talk about intervention.
They said, it appears the ulterior motive of those behind this contract seem to have gained more momentum than what teachers are being told.
The teachers further said, as it stands now, both GES and the Teacher Unions keep changing figures regarding cost. This raises eyebrows.
“Inasmuch as we agree that, the laptops will help in teaching and learning, we also think that it is not proper for anybody to shortchange teachers in the name of 1 teacher 1 laptop.” They said.