Facts about WAEC Distinction Awards for WASSCE School Candidates
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Ghana has published the facts about the WAEC Distinction Awards.
ABOUT THE WAEC DISTINCTION AWARDS
The WAEC Distinction Award is an initiative of the WAEC Endowment Fund (WEF).
The WEF provides funds for awards to candidates with outstanding performance in the Council’s examinations at the senior high school level.
The award is held annually to reward the top performers in the previous year’s WASSCE for School candidates.
WAEC DISTINCTION AWARD CATEGORIES
The awards have been structured in two (2) main divergent ways.
- The Distinction award
- The Programme award
WAEC DISTINCTION AWARDS
The WAEC DISTINCTION AWARDS will be presented to the Best Overall Candidates in Ghana in this order:
- Best Overall Candidate
- 2nd Best Overall Candidate
- 3rd Best Overall Candidate
The PROGRAMME AWARDS as the name suggests will be presented to candidates who top in the following Programmes according to the eligibility criteria:
- General Science Programme
- General Arts Programme
- Business Programme
- Home Economics Programme
- Agriculture Programme
- Technical Programme
- Visual Arts Programme
To be eligible for the awards, the candidates MUST heed the following eligibility:
- A candidate should have obtained a minimum of eight (8) grade A1’s at one sitting.
- The candidate should NOT have engaged in any examination malpractice.
The following are considered by the Council in the selection of candidates for the awards:
- Raw scores of eligible candidates are standardised i.e. converted to T-Scores
- The T-Scores are used to rank the candidates and select the award winners.
WHERE TO CONTACT
For any clarification, kindly reach the Council via www.waecgh.com or their social handles for more insight into the awards.