• On Wednesday, 13th April, 2022, the Supreme Court has restrained James Gyakye Quayson from representing Assin North in Parliament.
• James Gyakye Quayson was directed by the Court to stop holding himself as the Member of Parliament for the Assin North constituency.
• He has been prohibited from performing Parliamentary duties.
• The decision was taken by a seven panel justices of the Supreme Court, chaired by Justice Jones Dotse.
• The voting results turned out that, five (5) Judges voted against the MP while two (2) in his favour against the rulling.
• In a 5-2 decision, the Supreme Court explained that, this should be the status quo until the substantive case is settled on Mr. Gyakye Quayson’s dual citizenship.
• He was restrained in a final ruling given by the Supreme Court following a petition filed by Michael Ankomah-Nimfa, a resident of Assin Bereku in the Central Region of Ghana.
READ AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL RULLING FROM SUPREME COURT BELOW