Management of the GCB Bank PLC has announced some ten (10) latest updates about E-levy transactions.
According to the Bank, the implementation of the E-Levy Phase II has been completed, hence the need to release the latest facts on the E-Levy policy.
Kindly note of the following 10 latest facts about E-levy as announced by GCB Bank PLC.
1. GRA is the only entity that has a global view of each person’s transactions. No other institution does.
2. Any transfer emanating from a Corporate account and terminating on a wallet will attract E-Levy.
3. Merchants without TIN on the account will attract E-Levy charges on their transactions.
4. The Only identifier for transactions is Tin for Corporate Institutions & Ghana Card for Individuals.
5. Bulk transfers from accounts terminating on mobile wallets will attract E-Levy charges.
6. Transaction up to GH¢ 100.00 across all channels per mobile Money transfer per day is free. (MTN, AIRTEL TIGO and VODAFONE) any transaction beyond GH¢100.00 will attract E-Levy charges.
7. All transactions are aggregated on the platform (when you perform transactions in ECOBANK 5000,
ABSA 5000, CAL BANK 5000, and GCB 6000,) the extra GH¢1,000.00 will attract 1.5% E-Levy.
8. Transactions above GH¢ 20,000 threshold for (Intra/lnter bank) a day will attract E-Levy.
9. Only account to account transactions up to GH¢ 20,000 are free.
10. E-Levy charges are applied from GRA and not GCB Bank.