The Ghana Police Service has interdicted some officers involved in the shooting incident at lamashegu in the Northern Region.
According to a statement signed by the DCOP KWESI OFORI, the officers have been interdicted and the Police Administration has also dispatched a team of investigators yo the area to investigate the disturbances.
The officers that have been interdicted are;
- NO 46497 General Corporal Samson Kweku Darfour
- Ne 50249 General Corporal Prosper Mormesimu
- Ng 56190 General Constable Harrison Twum Danso Driver
- N9 57436 General Constable Mathew Sah
- N9 58823 General Constable Nuhu Muntari
- NO 11319 PW/Constable Doris Serwa Bonsu
Below is the statement from the Ghana Police Service
POLICE ADMINISTRATION INTERDICTS SIX POLICE OFFICERS INVOLVED IN THE SHOOTING INCIDENT AT LAMASHEGU IN TAMALE
Following an initial investigation into the shooting incident at Lamashegu in Tamale, involving the Tamale District Patrol team, the Police Administration has interdicted the following Police officers involved;
1.No 46497 General Corporal Samson Kweku Darfour
No 50249 General Corporal Prosper Mormesimu
No 56190 General Constable Harrison Twum Danso Driver
No 57436 General Constable Mathew Sah
No 58823 General Constable Nuhu Muntari
No 11319 PW/Constable Doris Serwa Bonsu
2. The Police Administration has also dispatched a team of investigators led by the Deputy Director-General of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), DCOP/Mr Frederick Agyei to lead the investigation into the matter.
3. Personnel from the Police Professional Standards Bureau (PPSB) have also been detailed alongside the CID team to look at professional standard related issues of the incident.
4. The Northern Regional Police Commander has been tasked to liaise with the affected families and offer them the necessary support in line with Plice Regulations.
5. We are appealing to the people of Lamashegu and the entire Tamale Metropolis to remain calm as the investigation continues into the unfortunate occurrence.
6.We would like to assure the public that anybody found culpable will be dealt with according to the law.
DCOP KWESI OFORI
DIRECTOR-GENERAL, PUBLIC AFFAIRS
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh