Management of the National Identification Authority (NIA) has released guidelines and list of Ghana Card updates that attract a fee of Gh¢30 for applicants requesting to update or change or correct or replace their personal data on the Ghana Card.
According to the NIA, applicants requesting the Update of Personal Information Service must observe the following guidelines:
1. Applicants need to complete and sign an electronic Update Request Form at the Regional Office.
2. Any update, which changes the information printed on the face of the Ghana Card already issued to an applicant, will attract a fee of Gh¢30.00.
The list of updates that attract a fee of Gh¢30.00
NIA has also released the following updates that attract a fee of Gh¢30.00 for each applicant.
a. Change or Correction of Applicant’s Name.
b. Change or Correction of the order of Applicant’s Name.
c. Correction or Addition of Applicant’s Previous Name or Maiden Name.
d. Correction of Applicant’s Date of Birth.
e. Change or Correction of the Nationality of Applicant.
f. Correction of Applicant’s Gender
g. Change or Correction of Applicant’s Height
3. All other updates, which do not result in the printing of a new Ghana Card for an applicant, are FREE of charge.
According to Management of the National ldentification Authority (NIA), they will provide Update of Personal Information (change or correction of personal data) and Card Replacement Services across its Regional and Operational District Offices as follows:
1. Monday, 8th August, 2022 – Update of Personal Information Service at the 16 Regional Offices.
2. Monday, 8th August, 2022 – Ghana Card Replacement Service at all the 275 Operational District
3. Monday, 12th September, 2022 Update of Personal Information Service will be decentralized to the 275 Operational District Offices.
NIA again said, Continuous Registration Services already taking place at the Regional and District Offices will run alongside the services stated above, while Card Replacement Service currently being offered at the 16 Regional Offices will cease from Monday, 8th August, 2022.