WHAT IS AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINES (ATM)
Basically, an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is an electronic telecommunications device that enables customers of financial institutions to perform financial transactions.
BASIC USE OF ATM
The ATM is used for;
1. Cash withdrawals
3. Funds transfers
4. Balance inquiries or account information inquiries etc.
Note that, the ATM can be used at any time and without the need for direct interaction with bank staff
a. Transfer funds between linked bank accounts.
b. Receive account balance.
c. Prints recent transactions list.
d. Change your pin.
e. Deposit your cash.
f. Prepaid mobile recharge.
g. Bill payments.
h. Cash withdrawal.
GUIDELINES ON HOW TO USE/OPERATE ATM
1. Drag your card to the machine and insert it the right way round.
2. Before inserting your card, check that the slot looks normal and hasn’t been tampered with.
3. Read the ATM screen for instructions once you have inserted your card.
4. After inserting the card, proceed to enter your four (4) secret digits PIN.
PIN stands for “Personal Identification Number”
a. When your bank sends you your card, they will send you your PIN separately for security reasons.
b. No one else knows your PIN, including anyone working for the bank.
c. You can change your PIN to a number you can remember easily so you don’t have to write it down.
d. Never give your PIN to anyone else.
e. To keep your PIN safe, check that, no one is watching over your shoulder.
5. After entering your PIN, a pop up menu will appear under the caption “PLEASE SELECT SERVICE REQUIRED”
a. DISPLAY BALANCE
b. CHANGE YOUR PIN NUMBER
d. MINI STATEMENT
e. CASH WITH RECEIPT
f. OTHER SERVICE
6. In a case of cashing out or withdrawing money, kindly select option 3 (CASH).
7. A dashboard will be displayed asking you to select amount you want to cash out.
8. A statement “Your request is being processed, please wait” will appear.
9. After a while, your cash will be ready for collection, kindly take the cash and the card.
10. Leave the ATM for others to operate/use.