Management of the University of Education, Winneba has released detailed steps prospective applicants must follow to apply for admission into the University.
The procedures are announced for Undergraduate and Post Graduate applicants who have the desire for further studies in the University through regular or distance mode.
This is contained in the application broucher of Distance Learning Programme for the 2021/2022 Academic Year.
Procedures for application are as follows:
HOW AND WHERE TO MAKE PAYMENT
1. S/N BANK
1. All UEW Campus Revenue Points
2. Ghana Post
3. GCB Bank Ltd
4. IT Consortium (Mobile Money Sales) Dial *887*18# and follow the prompt
5. Zenith Bank Gh Ltd
6. Consolidated Bank Gh Ltd
7. Prudential Bank
8. Republic Bank Gh Ltd
9. Agricultural Development Bank
10. Ecobank Ghana Ltd
11. Stanbic Bank Gh Ltd
12. First Atlantic Bank Ltd
2. Visit the University’s website at www.uew.edu.gh. Click on Admissions, and select Apply Online >>>. Follow the procedure as indicated below.
GROUP 1 APPLICANTS
1. Fresh applicants
2. Applicants who might apply before 2018
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GROUP 1 APPLICANTS
1. Applicants biography
2. Next of Kin details
3. Account details (Optional)
4. Academic details limited to WASSCE or SSSCE.
5. Applicant’s voucher details
6. Programme choice selection
7. Creating of 5 digit PIN of your own
8. Print a copy of application for records before you submit online
9. Upload relevant documents
10. Student number is generated
GROUP 2 APPLICANTS
Applicants who enrolled and completed their programmes of study within the last three years (From 2018/2019 to
2020/2021 Academic Year)
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GROUP 2
1. Login with student number and PIN
2. Click “APPLICATION” and view
3. Enter school leaving subject
4. Enter previous qualification
5. Print a copy of application for records
6. Submit application
7. View completed application(s) and
upload additional documents
8. View process status (summary of all
Candidates would find additional
information on the UEW website to guide
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
The cost of the application form for admission to distance programmes for
local applicants are as follows:
a. Post-Diploma Applicants – Gh¢200.00 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis)
b. Mature Applicants – Gh¢300.00 (Three Hundred Ghana Cedis – this includes the cost for the entrance exams to be
organized by the University)
c. Post Graduate Applicants – Gh¢250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis)
d. Foreign Applicants and Ghanaian Applicants outside Ghana can purchase a set of Application forms online for US $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars).
1. All certificates other than those from the West African Examination Council (WAEC), the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation
Board should be cleared with the National
Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the Application Forms.
2. For applicants who have changed their names on marital grounds, only those that have been published in the Gazette will be accepted.
Applicants should endeavor to attach the
relevant pages of the Gazette Publication where their name appears to the
3. Names should be written in full (i.e. initials are not acceptable). Where
applicants have initials or abbreviated names on previous documents, they should swear an affidavit to explain the initials and attach copies to the application form.
4. Applicants with GCE Advanced Level certificate should note that such certificates should not be more than five (5) years old at the time of applying.
5. Admissions to all programmes of study at the University of Education, Winneba are
transparently administered by the Joint
Admissions Board without any other considerations and/or solicitations. Any
applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of
persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the
university does so at his/her own risk.