A Ghanaian actor who doubles as a politician has pledged his fullest support for the Paramount Chief of the Aflao Traditional Area Torgbui Adzonu-Gaga Amenya Fiti V towards the completion of the abandoned E-Block school in his area.
According to the popular agribusiness man, he will support the Chief and the people of Aflao Traditional Area with bags of cement and desks to complete John Dramani Mahama’s E-Block school building abandoned by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s New Patriotic Party (NPP) government.
The 2020 Parliamentary Candidate of the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency on the ticket of the National Democratic Congress, in a statement said, if President Akufo-Addo truly wants Torgbui Adzonu-Gaga Amenya Fiti V to complete the abandoned school projects, he [John Dumelo] will donate a total of one-hundred (100) bags of cement or desks to the Chief to start the completion of the project.
“If the President is saying Togbe Fiti should complete it himself, no problem. I will donate 100 bags of cement or desks to the Paramount Chief to start the completion process.” John Dumelo bas pledged.
He made the solemn pledge after President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo chastised the Paramount Chief of Aflao following the Chief’s four month ultimatum to the New Patriotic Party’s government to finish the building for use.
1. On Wednesday, 20th October 2021, Torgbui Adzonu-Gaga Amenya Fiti V gave President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s government a four-month ultimatum to finish the building for use.
2. He gave the ultimatum when the Minority members on Parliament’s Education Committee toured the abandoned E-blocks in the Volta Region.
3. The chief demanded that the area gets its fair share of the national cake by completing the project.
4. The school, built during the Mahama administration is almost 90 percent complete. It has some 26 classrooms and five departments, including a science block but has stalled since 2016.
5. In responding to the demand made by the Chief, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo speaking on Accra-based Peace FM on Thursday, amidst laughter, quizzed, “Is he [The Chief] the one going to give the Minister of Education ultimatum?”
He has asked the Paramount Chief of the Aflao Traditional Area to “complete” the abandoned E-block community day senior high school in the area himself if he is frustrated about the delay.
6. After the statement, President Akufo-Addo assured the traditional leader indicated that his government is resolved to continue projects started by his predecessor.
7. President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo stressed that plans are being executed to complete the projects and put them to good use.