The National Identification Authority (NIA) has released list of updates, changes, corrections etc on Ghana Card that are free of charge.
According to the NIA, all other updates, which do not result in the printing of a new Ghana Card for an applicant, are FREE of charge.
The list of free updates on the Ghana card is as follows:
1. Change or Correction of Residential Address.
2. Change or Correction of Digital Address Code
3. Change or Addition of Postal Address.
4. Correction of Hometown details.
5. Correction of Place of Birth details.
6. Addition or Change of telephone numbers and/or email address.
7. Change of Marital Status.
8. Addition or Change of Government IDs e.g Voter ID Card, SSNIT Card, NHIS Card.
9. Change of Disability Status.
10. Change or Addition of details of Spouse.
11. Change of Next-oF-Kin details.
12. Correction of details of Parents.
13. Change of Level of Education.
14. Change of ocupation.
15. Change or Correction of color of hair and/or eyes.
Management of the NIA again explained that, all applicants for the update service will be required to provide the reason for the update and must support the request with evidence.
Kindly note that, the NIA will provide Update of Personal Information (change or correction of personal data) and Card Replacement Services across its Regional and Operational District Offices as follows:
1. Monday, 8th August, 2022 – Update of Personal Information Service at the 16 Regional Offices.
2. Monday, 8th August, 2022 – Ghana Card Replacement Service at all the 275 Operational District
3. Monday, 12th September, 2022 Update of Personal Information Service will be decentralized to the 275 Operational District Offices.
4. There shall be Continuous Registration Services already taking place at the Regional and District Offices will run alongside the services stated above, while Card Replacement Service currently being offered at the 16 Regional Offices will cease from Monday, 8th August, 2022.