The Ministry of Education led Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum has released a list of twenty-three (23) key transformational agenda for the education sector.
According to the Ministry, the transformational agenda covers both private and public sector of the country’s education system.
The document released by the Ministry contains the following transformational agenda.
1. Private sector support for education transformation
2. National Education Institute
3. Open University Ghana
4. Whole school reform
5. Learning Grant – GALOP
6. 10% international students to be enrolled in institutions in Ghana.
7. Partnership for Excellence (both domestic and international).
8. Increase the science to humanities ratio from the
current 40:60 to 60:40 to support the targets that have been set.
9. Develop National Secondary Education Policy
10. Increase Gross Tertiary Enrolment Ratio from 18.8% to 40%.
11. Create STEM pipeline to feed Tertiary Education
12. Introduce STEM pathways/Non-Traditional
13. Pathways (Visual Arts)
14. National Assessment (NSAT for P4), PISA, TIMSS
13. No Guarantor Policy
14. Similar/National Schools Ranking
15. Completion of 11 STEM high schools and 20 STEM
16. Construction of 50 No. 4 storey 24-unit classroom blocks, 14 science labs, computer labs, canteen and dormitories
17. Construction of 50 model Junior High Schools
18. Construction of Adult Learning centres
19. GATE program
20. Refurbish and equip regional special education assessment centres.
22. Skilling of High school students with industry certification to prepare them for the world of work.
23. TV channel for MoE