President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s government through the Ministry of Education has outlined some infrastructure projects undertaken since resuming office on 7th January, 2017 till date.
In a document released by the Ministry of Education headed by Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum includes some key projects government initiated to give a facelift to the education sector.
Below are some top infrastructure projects in the Education Sector as released by the Ministry of Education.
1. Construction of 21st Century STEM model schools (SHS/JHS) with State of the art labs 12 for each school.
2. Construction of 50 model Junior High School and provision of Library and Science Laboratories.
3. Upgrade 24 existing Category A and B Senior High Schools with State of the Art Laboratories.
4. Continuation of Infrastructure developmental programmes across all levels of education KGs, classroom blocks, dormitories and provision of Teacher accommodation.
5. Construction of STEM Technical High Schools
6. Improve teaching and learning environment of existing primary and Junior High Schools and provide STEM equipments libraries and SMART Classrooms where appropriate.
7. Construction of Adult Learning centres in all region to enhance Complimentary Basic Education.
8. Refurbish and equip regional special education assessment centres for special needs children.
9. Construction and operationalization of three specialist National Education Institute to train school Leaders, managers and Master Teachers and the new Education Leadership
10. Construction of facilities for Open University Ghana, and its operationalization
11. Establishment of education TV Channel to support e-learning through satellite and TV Programs
1. Review 2018-2021 Education sector medium term plan and develop 2022-2025 Plan to capture all emerging issues including Covid, Education resilience, 21st century skill requirements etc.
2. TA to support relevant Research activities and efforts in MoE/Agencies.
3. Appropriately qualifed and experienced Teachers/Consultants to facilitate operationalization of new STEM Schools and STEM Teacher Preparation.
4. Development of distance learning Infrastructure/online platforms, content, learning TV/radio facilities, virtual schools for students as well as training of Teachers to ensure robust/resilient education system.
5. Development of Legislative Instruments to guide the Operationalization of new enabling ACTS.
• Education Regulatory Bodies ACT, 2020 (Act 1023)
•. Pre-Tertiary Education ACT, 2020 Act 1049
•. Complimentary Agency ACT, 2020 (Act 1055)
• Ghana Tertiary Education Commission
• Commission for TVET
We strive to bring you accurate and fair information. If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at [email protected]