The Electoral Commission of Ghana has today 2nd June, 2020 began conducting a pilot registration of voters ahead of the mass compilation of the new voter’s register later this month.
The pilot registration exercise is being conducted in all the sixteen regional in the country. According to the electoral commission, “the essence of the exercise being conducted in all the regional offices of the Commission, is meant to identify problems associated with the new system, including its effect under various weather conditions and find ways of mitigating them.”
The commission further explained that, all issues identified will be forwarded to the Commission at the national level for the necessary rectifications to be made before the commencement of the exercise at the end of this month.”
Below are the eligibility criteria for getting yourself onto the new voter’s register;
- One must be a Ghanaian.
- One must be 18 years and above and of sound mind.
- One must present a passport or Ghana card as proof of identification OR
- Present two guarantors who have already registered.
The commission also stated that “Safety measures will be put in place at all registration centres throughout the country to protect applicants, who are mandated to wear nose masks to the registration centres.”
- Nana Addo Imported COVID-19 into Ghana – Efo Worlanyo Tsekpo
- Akufo-Addo’s government is allergic to accountability – Ato Forson
- Cancel your demonstration or face our wrath – Police cautious group