Management of the National Identification Authority (NIA) has issued registration requirements for prospective applicants in acquiring the ECOWAS card popularly known as Ghana Cards.
In a statement issued by ABUDU ABDUL-GANIYU, the AG. HEAD, CORPORATE AFFAIRS of the National Identification Authority reminds all prospective applicants that the registration requirements as provided by law remain as follows:
1. An original copy of a Birth Certificate; or
2. An original copy of a valid Passport; or
An original copy of a valid Certificate of Acquired Citizenship Where an applicant does not possess any of the documents specified above, a relative of the applicant who has already registered and issued a Ghana card can vouch for the applicant under oath.
Where the applicant has no known relatives, two persons aged 18 years and above and known to the applicant and who have both registered and have been issued with Ghana cards can vouch for the applicant under oath. In this instance, the two persons qualified to vouch for an applicant must fall within the following categories:
1. A practicing or retired professional teacher (including principals, headmasters & headteachers)
2. A Gazetted Chief
3. A practicing or retired Magistrate or Judge
4. A licensed professional, e.g., a Medical Doctor, a Nurse, a Lawyer, an Accountant, an Engineer, an Architect
5. A serving or retired Civil Servant
6. A serving or retired Public Servant
7. A serving or retired Clergyman
8. An Imam
9. A serving or retired Catechist
10. A serving or retired member of the Security Services including the Ghana Police Service, Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Prison Service, Ghana Immigration Service, Ghana National Fire Service, Bureau of National Investigations, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service of the Ghana Revenue Authority and
11. A current or past Member of Parliament
12. A current or past Assemblyman
13. A current or past member of a Unit Committee
All applicants are expected to come along with their residence’s Ghana Post Digital Address as this is also a mandatory requirement.