Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Biography
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor, is an Agricultural Economist, an Economic Policy Expert, a Researcher and an astute politician who has acquitted himself creditably in the service to his party and the nation.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Hometown
Peter Boamah Otokunor hails from Juaben in the Ashanti Region, Ngleshie Alata in James Town, Greater Accra and Koforidua – New Juaben in the Eastern Region. He is the Abusuapanin of the Aduana Ablade family of Juaben, Koforidua and Nsawam – Asante Kwaku.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor wife
Peter Boamah Otokunor was married to his late wife Yaa Agyeiwaa who passed on to glory in 2016. They had children before the passing of his wife.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor children
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor is happily married with Four (4) beautiful kids.
Peter attested to the fact that, his little daughter was really named after her lovely late wife Yaa Agyeiwaa. The little Baby Anna turned Eight (8) years as at January 2022.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Educational Background
• Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor holds a PhD degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Ghana and a honorary Doctorate in Executive Leadership from New England University – USA.
• He holds a Diploma in Youth Development from the International Training College of the International Labour Organization, Turin – Italy.
• Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor so holds Master of Arts degree in Economic Policy Management and Bsc. degree in Agriculture from the University of Ghana – Legon.
• His knowledge areas include, Agriculture, Economics, Economic Policy Research, Rural Development, Research, Communications, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Policy Planning and Youth Development.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Work experience
• Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor has over 20 years working experience in the private sector (Sam-Wood Ltd. Modern Aqua Farms Ltd. OTB Ghana Ltd) as well as managing his own businesses.
• He was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Cardinal Concepts Ltd. (a company he formed at age 20), Phamtrust Group of Companies and currently the Chairman of Heamp Agro Group Ltd.
• In public service he distinguished himself as the Head of Research at the Communications Directorate in the Office of the President under H.E Late Prof. John Evans Atta Mills and subsequently served as a Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the National Youth Authority (NYA) of Ghana.
• At the NYA he led the advocacy that brought into force, the revolutionary National Youth Authority Act 2016, Act 939 which has put the institution on the path of growth and acceleration in fulfillment of it objectives enshrined in the National Youth Policy of 2010.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Leadership and Political Career
• He is the NDC Deputy General Secretary in charge of Operations and the Secretary General of African Leftist Party Schools Union (ALPSU) and had previously served as the Deputy Director of Research of the NDC and the founding Registrar of the NDC Party School (Ghana Institute of Social Democracy – GISD).
• He was a Deputy Campaign Manager, for the 2020 NDC-John Mahama Campaign which has been described as one of the best campaigns in NDC history and a lead Operations Officer of the 2012 NDC-John Mahama Campaign.
• Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor has served in various political capacities within the NDC including a two-term member of the NDC National Elections Directorate, a Senior Member of the NDC Communication Team, a two-term member of the NDC Manifesto Committee (2016/2020).
• He was the Secretary to the NDC 2016 Manifesto Committee. He has served on a number of committees of the NDC including the Research and Strategy Committee of the 2016 Campaign.
• He has also worked and served in various capacities for the National Democratic Congress, including working as the Secretary to the following committees; the Economics Committee, the Party School Working Committee, the Governing Council of GISD.
• He was an astute Student Leader and a Youth Activist who led various revolutionary public manifestations as a student leader, including his famous resistance against the In-Out-Out-Out Student Accommodation policy of University of Ghana.
• His proposal for a PPP arrangement in the construction of student accommodation brought into being the Construction of the Four New Non-traditional Halls of Residence in the University of Ghana.
• His activism on campus earned him various accolades and nicknames such as Vandal Bola and Political Ronaldinho.
• He was the JCR President for Commonwealth Hall and served on the Residence Board of the University of Ghana.
• He was also served as the Vice President of the then Ghana Association of Agricultural Students and represented same at various international conferences of the International Association of Agriculture Students.
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Net worth
Dr. Peter Boamah Otokunor Net worth is not made public. He is believed to be one of the young millionaires of the NDC. He makes descent income from his leadership, public service and personal business.