• The British High Commissioner to Ghana, Her Excellency Harriet Thompson on Tuesday, 5th July, 2022 visited the Volta Star Textiles Limited, formerly known as Juapong Textiles Limited (JTL).
• The Volta Star Textiles Limited is located at Juapong in the North Tongu District of the Volta region. It was established in 1967 by Dr. Kwame Nkrumah.
• The purpose of the visit was to inspect and ascertain the current status of the Juapong Textiles Limited to revamp and expand it.
• Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa said, the factory when revamped can help in the promotion of the Africa Continental Free Trade.
• He again said, the factory can solve a higher percentage of unemployment rate in North Tongu, Volta Region and by extension Ghana as whole.
• The focus shall be boosting tourism and potentially revamping and expanding Juapong Textiles for more jobs.
• The MP also called for an urgent measures to revamp the factory and pledged his support which started by bringing the diplomats.
• The British High Commissioner H.E Harriet Thompson said she will engage stakeholders in the coming days on how to rejuvenate the factory into a modern and befitting status to boast economic activities in the area.
• According to her, Ghana and British have a long standing relationship and pledges to put in her all for the success of any plan towards the revamping and expansion of the factory.
Below are Photos of British High Commissioner’s visit to Juapong Textiles Limited
Photos of the colourful Juapong durbar in honour of British High Commissioner, H.E. Harriet Thompson