Preaident Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed a fifteen (15) member transition team after being declared the winner of the 2020 Presidential election.
The Presidential (Transition) Act, 2012, (Act 845), was enacted to govern the transition from one administration to another. Within twenty-four (24) hours of the declaration of the results of the
presidential election by the Electoral Commission, the President shall constitute the membership of the Transition Team.
Section 1(3) of the Act stipulates that “where the incumbent President is re-elected for a second term, the President shall designate members of the Transition Team.”
In accordance with this, the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, following his re-election, has designated fifteen (15) persons to serve as members of the Transition Team. They are:
1. Hon. Akosua Frema Osei-Opare (Chief of Staff at the Office of the President) – Chairperson.
2. Hon. Yaw Osafo Maafo (Senior Minister)
3. Gloria Akuffo (Attorney General)
4. Ken ofori-Atta (Minister for Finance)
5. Hon. Ambrose Dery (Minister for Interior)
6. Hon. Dominic Nitiwul (Minister for Defence)
7. Hon. Shirley Ayorkor Botchway (Minister for Foreign Affairs)
8. Hon. Hajia Alima Mahama (Minister for Local Govt and Rural Devt)
9. Hon. Albert Kan Dapaah (Minister for National security).
10. Nana Dwamena (Head of the Cvil Service).
11. Hon. Dr. Nana Ato Arthur (Head of the Local Government Service.
12. Dr. Janet Ampadu Fofie (Chair of the Public Services commission).
13. Mrs. Mercy Debrah (Secretary to the Cabinet).
14. Mr. Joshua Kyeremeh (National security Co-ordinator).
15. Mr. Henry Wood (Ag. Chief Director, Office of the President).