About the Ghana Immigration Service
The Ghana Immigration Service was established under PNDC Law 226 in 1989 and the service remains the sole institution with the mandate to regulate and monitor the entry, residence, employment and the exit of foreigners into and out the country.
The functions of the Ghana Immigration Service was later expanded following the passage of the Immigration Act 2000, Act 573.
The Divisions and Functions of the Ghana Immigration Service
|DIVISIONS||FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES|
|Naturalization Section||The Section is responsible for the vetting and review of Citizenship/Naturalization application and Immigration Quota application.
|Investigation Section||The Section conducts in-depth investigation of breaches of immigration laws/regulations and application for work and residence permits.
|Inspectorate Section||The Section is responsible for the inspection of businesses and industries, educational institutions, hotels and lodgings to ensure compliance with Immigration laws and regulation
Ranks in the Ghana Immigration Service
The Ranks in the Ghana immigration Service are;
1. Comptroller – General of Immigration
2. Deputy Comptroller – General of Immigration
3. Commissioner of Immigration
4. Deputy Commissioner of Immigration
5. Assistant Commissioner of Immigration
6. Chief Superintendent of Immigration
7. Superintendent of Immigration
8. Deputy Superintendent of Immigration
9. Assistant Superintendent of Immigration
11. Assistant Inspector
12. Immigration Control officer
13. Assistant Immigration Control Officer I
14. Assistant Immigration Control Officer II
Contacts of Ghana Immigration Service
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh