The good people of South Tongu in the Volta Region of Ghana warmly welcome H.E John Dramani Mahama as he begins his campaign tour to the region.
As John Dramani Mahama interacts with the people of South Tongu on Saturday 4th March, 2023, the party is grateful for the many developmental projects he has initiated and completed during his tenure and hopeful that all abandoned projects will be completed as he takes over the seat of governance in 2025.
According to the party, the following are some pledges from the last 2020 elections which would have been but unfortunately verdict stolen but still relevant in the up-coming elections.
1. Start new projects in the road, water, electricity, and health sectors.
2. Convert Sogakope District Hospital to Trauma Centre to cater for accident victims along
Accra to Aflao highway.
3. Upgrade some other existing health centres into Poly Clinics and build more CHPS compounds.
4. Complete all ongoing projects and begin new ones in the Senior High Schools in the District namely; SCASCO, DASTECH, SOGASCO and COMBOTECH.
5. Ensure full completion of the E-Block at Sondo Agave Afedume.
6. Continue the removal of many of the schools under trees into a more befitting classroom blocks.
7. Complete the Agave Afedume roads and build the necessary bridges that will make it more accessible for businesses to thrive.
8. Construct the following roads within the District.
• Lolito to Amedorme road
• Kpotame-Agorgbe – Gladysco road
• Cisneros to Dzokplenu road.
• Bekpo to Sukladzi road
• Adidokpo to Hawui road
• Dordoekofe thru Dzetorkoe to Todze road
• Kpotame to Kasangblekpo road
• Redevelopment of Tordzinu thru Dorkploame to Dabala Junction road
• All major township roads namely Sogakope, Dabala, Tefle, Sokpoe and many others.
9. Take advantage of the River Volta to develop tourism products which can easily sell to attract tourists.
10. Build a multi-purpose Sport and Youth centre for the District.
11. Construct some strategic dams and irrigation schemes to enhance agricultural activities in the District, such as Wlorto/Atitekpo, Dorkploame, Kpotame and many others.
12. Well-thought-out plan to establish agricultural mechanization centre through PPP to give continuous support for land preparation.
13. Improve basic education by building more infrastructure across the District.
14. Continue the extension of electricity to towns and rural communities within the District.
Initially, the coverage was raised from 45 Communities to over 300 during NDC regime.
15. To create either two separate districts or elevate the current to municipal status out of current constituency to accelerate development among others.
16. continue the expansion work of Sogakope and Dabalah market to a modern market after the laying of pavement at the two lorry parks.
17. To consider the welfare and wellbeing of our grassroots base.
I invite all constituents to join me give ourselves a chance by joining in the campaign to see the NDC to victory in 2024; of seeing the face of South Tongu elevated and for better living condition.
Hon. Kobena Mensah Woyome seeks for re-election as Parliamentary candidate for South Tongu ahead of the 2024 elections. pic.twitter.com/m0drUPobDN
— Coverghana News (@coverghananews) March 2, 2023