The Technical Universities Senior Administrators’ Association of Ghana (TUSAAG) after broad consultation with its National Executive Council threatened to embark on an indefinite nationwide strike action against the Government and Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) beginning 6th December, 2022.
According to the leadership of the Association, the Government and GTEC have refused to resolve their issues of concern with the urgency it deserves and other items they have not been appropriately acknowledged.
Some of these issues are:
1. Placement of faculty officers (Technical Universities) on the appropriate level on the allowance schedule for office holders at public universities.
2. Restoration of allowances for faculty officers at Technical Universities.
3. Implementation of entertainment allowances for faculty accountants at Technical Universities.
4. The appropriate placement (level) of Senior Member non teaching at the Technical Universities on the PUSSGS.
5. Implementation of the negotiated internally generated funds and associated conditions of services.
6. Equitable implementation of the new fuel rates for Senior members at Public Universities.
This communique is therefore to prompt the Government and the National Labour Commission on the decision the association is bound to make if these issues are not resolved on or before 6th December, 2022.