University of Development Studies (UDS) courses offered and How to Apply; The University for Development Studies (UDS) is a public University located in the North of Ghana. UDS was established by the Government of Ghana by PNDC Law 279 and gazette on 15th May, 1992.
Courses Offered by the University of Development Studies (UDS)
The University of Development Studies (UDS) offers the following undergraduate courses;
1 BA Development Education
2 BEd Agricultural Science
3 BEd Arabic
4 BEd Basic Education
5 BEd Business Studies
6 BEd Early Childhood Care And Education
7 BEd Family And Consumer Science
8 BEd Social Science
9 BSc Agribusiness
10 BSc Agriculture Technology
11 BSc Aquaculture Technology And Fisheries Science
12 BSc Biotechnology And Molecular Biology
13 BSc Community Nutrition
14 BSc Ecotourism and Hospitality Management
15 BSc Environmental Management and Sustainability
16 BSc Family and Consumer Science
17 BSc Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
18 BSc Food Science And Technology
19 BSc Forest Resource Conservation And Management
20 BSc Health Information Management
21 BSc Medical Imaging Technology
22 BSc Midwifery
23 BSc Nurse Anaesthesia
24 BSc Nurse Practitioner
25 BSc Nursing
26 BSc Paediatric Nursing
27 BSc Physician Assistant
28 BSc Renewable Natural Resources
29 BSc Social Change Communication
30 BSc Veterinary Nursing
31 Certificate In Early Childhood Care And Education
32 Diploma In Agriculture Science Education
33 Diploma In Agriculture Technology
34 Diploma In Basic Education
35 Diploma In Biotechnology And Molecular Biology
36 Diploma In Development Education
37 Diploma In Development Education Studies
38 Diploma In Early Childhood Care And Education
39 Diploma In Family And Consumer Science
40 Diploma In Social Change Communication
41 Doctor Of Medical Laboratory Science
42 Doctor Of Pharmacy
43 MBChB (Medicine)
Postgraduate Programs offered by the University of Development Studies (UDS)
The University of Development Studies (UDS) offers the following Postgraduate Programs Courses;
1 MA Development Education Studies
2 Master Of Public Health
3 MEd Agricultural Science
4 MEd Educational Management And Planning
5 MEd Measurement And Evaluation
6 MEd Special Education
7 MEd Training And Development
8 MPH Environmental Health
9 MPH Maternal And Child Health
10 MPhil Agricultural Science
11 MPhil Agricultural Science
12 MPhil Biotechnology
13 MPhil Chemical Pathology
14 MPhil Community Health And Development
15 MPhil Development Education Studies
16 MPhil Educational Management And Planning
17 MPhil Fisheries Faculty of Biosciences
18 MPhil Fisheries Science Faculty of Biosciences
19 MPhil Irrigation And Drainage Engineering
20 MPhil Measurement And Evaluation
21 MPhil Public Health Nutrition
22 MPhil Special Education
23 MPhil Training And Development
24 MSc Biotechnology
25 MSc Community Disaster Resilience Studies
26 MSc Community Health And Development
27 MSc Irrigation And Drainage Engineering
28 MSc Public Health Nutrition
29 PhD Biotechnology
30 PhD Chemical Pathology
31 PhD Development Education Studies
32 PhD Irrigation And Drainage Engineering
33 Postgraduate Diploma In Education
How to apply for Admission at the University for Development Studies (UDS)
Mode of Application for Ghanaian Applicants
NOTE: (These processes can be undertaken when the portal is opened for admissions)
All Ghanaian applicants for the 2022/2023 Academic Year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal.
The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
- Make a payment of GH¢ 200.00 (Two Hundred Ghana Cedis) or any amount stated in the University’s announcement for the UDS E-Voucher at the following banks to make payment; Stanbic Bank, GCB Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), National Investment Bank (NIB), Prudential Bank, Zenith Bank and Ecobank branches throughout the country.
- ALTERNATIVELY; Prospective applicants can use the University of Development Studies online payment portal at www.pay.uds.edu.gh with a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of GHC200.00 for undergraduate e-Voucher. Print the advice slip for future reference. The E-Voucher contains the PIN, and Serial Number required for the completion of the online form.
- Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal at www.admissions.uds.edu.gh soon after payment.
In completing the online form, applicants will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs with white background and relevant certificates.
NOTE : Applicants who use objects instead of their own photographs would be disqualified.
- A completed form will not be considered for admission unless it is SUBMITTED after accepting our Data Confirmation Policy.
- Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can only be viewed, but cannot be edited.
- Candidates are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents (see viii). Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
- Applicants must print out application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be submitted in triplicates (three copies each) to the Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs Section).
- The application documents as specified in (vii) above should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Academic& Students’ Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
Mode of Application for Foreign Applicants
All non-Ghanaian applicants are advised to apply as follows:
Visit UDS online payment portal at www.pay.uds.edu.gh with a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of $100.00 (One Hundred US Dollars) or the stated amount for the undergraduate e-Voucher
Print the advice slip for future reference.
Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal at www.admissions.uds.edu.gh after payment.
In completing the online form, candidates will be required to upload their passport size photographs and certificates
A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED
Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before they finally submit their online applications. A form, once submitted, can only be viewed, but cannot be edited.
Print out application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be submitted in triplicates (Three copies each) to the Deputy Registrar (Academic & Student Affairs).
The application documents as specified above should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Academic & Student Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
For further information or questions, please contact us through the following numbers (during working hours – 8am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday):
or send an email to: email@example.com\
Closing Date for UDS Admission Application Forms
Closing date for submission of admission applications are always stated in the announcement of opening of the application portal, and many universities do not accept applications after the closing date.
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh