Video: 2021 SHS graduates set school ablaze after completion

Share This Information


Information picked by suggest that, some group of 2021 Senior High School graduates of Yinahin Catholic SHS have set their school on fire after a successful completion.

According to the report, the students have reportedly set the school’s boys dormitory block A among others ablaze for a reason known to them.

In a the video below, the fire has gut down the entire building, destroyed all properties in the building including, beds, mattresses etc.

This happened on Friday, 8th October, 2021 after the final year WASSCE Students at Yinahin Catholic SHS finished writing their last paper in the ongoing West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).

The Yinahin Catholic Senior High School is situated at Nyinahin in the Atwima Mponua District of the Ashanti Region, Ghana.

Currently, the Ghana Police Service together with the school authorities have commenced investigations into the incident for possible arrest and sanction of any person found culpable.



In an interview, DO III Desmond Ackah, the Ashanti Regional Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) when narrating the incident said,

“We had a distressed call at 9:30pm last night, that there was a fire outbreak at Nhyinahin Catholic Senior High School. So we quickly dispatched the Nhyinahin fire tender to the school, and it took us about five minutes to get there.”

“Upon arrival, we realized that fire has engulfed the boys’ dormitory block A and the fire was all over and spreading widely and very fast in all the six rooms in that particular block and in order to prevent the fire from further spread, we defensively and offensively tackled the fire, and we brought it under control at exactly 11:27 pm and the eventually succeeded in dousing the fire completely at exactly 12:23 pm.”

He also disclosed that one of the GNFS personnel was attacked by an unidentified person, but was later taken to the hospital for treatment.

“No casualties were recorded in the incident, just that one of our personnel got attacked by an unidentified person, and we had to ensure he was taken to the hospital, but has since been discharged and is doing well.”



Share This Information

Leave a Reply