VIDEO: AAMUSTED student, who doubles as chief priest dies after fire incident during hall procession

AAMUST student dies after fire incident during hall procession
AAMUST student dies after fire incident during hall procession

A 23-year-old student in his third year at the Akenten Appiah-Minkah University of Skills Training Enterprenueriship Development (AAMUSTED), who also served as the Chief Priest of the university’s Opoku Ware Hall, tragically lost his life while conducting a ritual and demonstrating spiritual abilities.

The young man in question, Prosper Owusu, a member of the Dons spiritual group on campus, suffered severe burns during the ritual when the raffia skirt he was wearing caught fire.

This unfortunate incident occurred while he was joined by a fellow spiritualist from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Katanga Hall during their spiritual practice.

Regrettably, Prosper Owusu was later pronounced dead at Kumasi’s Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).

A student who witnessed the incident shared their account of the tragic event. They explained, “While he was showcasing his abilities, the fire ignited his clothing, but he refused to extinguish it, believing that the fire had activated his spiritual powers. Eventually, he was overwhelmed when he couldn’t put out the fire, and he tried to escape by running into a pool of water, but it was too late for him.”

“We noticed he had sustained serious burns, so we rushed him to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital. Unfortunately, he passed away a week after being admitted,” the witness recounted.

Prosper Owusu’s remains have been placed in the Komfo Anokye Morgue, and his family is in the process of arranging a one-week observation to honor his memory.

Meanwhile, the AAMUSTED authorities have launched an investigation into the incident and are implementing measures to ensure the safety of their students.


⚠️VIEWER DISCRETION IS HIGHLY ADVISED⚠️ Prosper Owusu, the Chief Priest of Opoku Ware Hall at Akenten Appiah-Minkah University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development, tragically lost his life after suffering burns when he attempted to walk through fire during a ‘jama’ session. He was rushed to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for treatment but passed away due to the severity of the burns. #asempanews #asempafm #fyppppppppppppppppppppppp

♬ original sound – asempafm



Leave a Reply