The Deputy Chairman of the Volta Regional Members of Parliament Caucus of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Mr. Wisdom Kobena Mensah Woyome has touted he and NDC’s achievements in the Health Sector within the South Tongu Constituency. Some of the previous projects listed by the MP include Rehabilitation of some existing facilities and construction of entirely new health facilities.
The Member of Parliament for the South Tongu Constituency has also outlined some future plans for his Constituents to help address challenging health issues in the area.
The list of Woyome-led South Tongu NDC’s previous achievements in the Health Sector under the late former President Prof. John Evans Fiifi Atta-Mills and former President John Dramani Mahama include;
READ ALSO: NPP government abandons construction of major roads in South Tongu – Hon. Woyome
1. Rehabilitation of Adutor Health Centre
2. Rehabilitation of Agbakope Health Centre CHPs Compound and Nurses Quarters
3. Rehabilitation of Dabala Health Centre and built new Laboratory at the facility
4. Rehabilitation of Kpotame Health Centre
5. Rehabilitation of Dordoekope H/C
6. Rehabilitation of Dorkploame CHPs
7. Constructed of medical Store at the Health Directorate
READ ALSO: V/R: Deplorable state of Gonu roads; Effects on education and businesses [+Video]
8. Rehabilitation of Gamenu CHPs
9. Rehabilitation of Tefle CHPs
10. Provided 1 Ambulance.
11. Built the following new; Larve CHPs, Gonu-Agbokope CHPs, Agbogbla Tosukpo and Dalive-Tsikudokope.
According to the MP, the above projects are just a few among many.
Allocate affordable houses at Sangleme to the Police Officers who live in a hen coop like barracks rooms – A Plus tells Government
Mr. Woyome also outlined some future plans under the Health Sector for South Tongu Constituency. He is also hopeful to lobby for the projects for his people. These projects include;
1. Upgrading of CHPs compound to Health Centres by providing maternity facilities, Laboratories to handle basic tests.
2. Building a Trauma Centre at Sogakope District Hospital to handle accident cases to avoid complications and death during long travel to seek medical attention.
RE: District Hospitals for Volta Region will be delivered – Regional Minister responds to NDC’s claims
3. Free Primary Health Care across every public Health institutions.
4. Increase maternity leave from 3 months to 4 months.
5. Employ backlog of qualified health professionals.
Mr. Wisdom Kobena Mensah Woyome reiterated his previous achievements and future plans to his Constituents on his Thank You Tour and Town Hall meeting within the South Tongu Constituency after winning the December 2020 Parliamentary Election.
According to the MP, his office will lobby for the completion of the future projects listed above in the interest of his Constituents.
Okudzeto establishes Subsidy Task Team to offer support and ease hardship burden of constituents
These projects were also contained in a document prepared by the NDC South Tongu Constituency signed and handed over to the media by Ing. Henry Ampah Johnson, the NDC’s Constituency Chairman during the electioneering activities ahead of the December 2020 general elections.