The Ghanaian political activist and media personality, Kwame Asare Obeng widely known as Kwame A Plus has outlined the projects from the NDC which brought victory at the Assin-North by-election.
In the news virally, some crop of Ghanaians claims that the victory of the Assin-North parliamentary seat at the just-ended by-election was unjust.
To the said group of people, the NPP candidate should have won the by-election. They believed that the NPP has done enough infrastructural projects for the people of Assin-North yet they did not return their applause in the by-election.
Kwame A Plus defended the victory of the Assin-North seat for the NDC candidate by setting the records straight with facts and evidence on the grounds.
He sounded crystal clear that the Former President of Ghana, John Dramani Mahama in 2016 undertook gigantic projects in the Ashanti Region, however, he lost massive votes from the said region.
The victory from the 27th June 2023 by-election at the Assin-North constituency is a testimony (awakening their stronghold from slumber) that JDM has done massive work that needs to be taken into consideration for casting votes.
Kwame A Plus’ submission has a list of projects the Mahama-led government rolled out in the stronghold of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Ashanti Region.
The listed below projects were executed by the Mahama-led administration yet he lost the general elections however, the said projects projected the party higher making the people of Assin-North vote for Hon. James Gyakye Quayson.
A/R: 44 PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN AND COMPLETED BY JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA IN 2016 & 2020
- Kumasi Kejetia.
- Tafo market.
- Asawase market.
- Atonsu market.
- Sewua Hospital.
- Afari military hospital.
- Fomena Hospital.
- Bekwai Hospital.
- Asawase roads.
- Suame roads.
- Tafo roads.
- Kenyasi roads.
- High school junction to Gyinase roads.
- Bomso to high school roads.
- Kotei to Ayeduase to Campus (KNUST) roads.
- Emena to Boadi roads.
- Apromase to Ejisu roads.
- Bonwire junction to Bonwire roads.
- 19. Aprade to Parkoso roads.
- Tikrom Baworo to Antoa roads.
- Bekwa town roads.
- New Edubiase town roads.
- Bomfa junction to Asiwa roads.
- Bekwai to Asiwa roads.
- Kumawu to Drobonso roads.
- Tepa Manfo to Subriso to Fanti roads.
- Parkoso Community Day School.
- Agric Nzema Community Day School.
- Banka community day school.
- Adobewura community day school.
- Adugyama community day school.
- Drobonso community day school.
- Bosomtwe Oyoko community day school.
- Kwabenakwakrom/Obuasi community day school.
- Asuoso/Offinso community day school.
- Adans Fumso Community day school.
- Adansi Apagya Community day school.
- Tepa Manfo community day school.
- Ejura community day school.
- Kumawu Hospital.
- Tepa Hospital.
- Konongo Hospital.
- Kumawu water supply.
- Konongo water supply.
At the just-ended June 27 by-election in Assin North, the Electoral Commission announced that the NDC’s candidate, James Gyakye Quayson won the by-election. He garnered a total vote of 17,245 representing 57.56% of the total votes cast.
Charles Opoku (closest contender) from the NPP garnered 12,630 votes which is equivalent to 42.15% of the total votes cast.
The Liberal Party Ghana (LPG), candidate, Bernice Enyonam Sefenu also contested. She obtained 87 votes (0.29%) from the overall vote cast in the by-election.