Management and Governing Board of the Dambai College of Education is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested persons for recruitment.
Dambai College of Education is a public tertiary institution established under the Colleges of Education Act, 2012 (Act 847) with the mandate to train teachers with the requisite professional and academic competencies for teaching in pre-tertiary and non-formal educational institutions.
The College also rolls out professional and academic capacity building programmes for In-Service teachers. The College engages in research and publication and other related academic, professional and community services. The College is affiliated to the University for Development Studies (UDS), Tamale. The College is located at Krachi East Municipal Assembly (KEMA) in the Oti Regional capital, Dambai, Ghana.
The College is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested persons for appointment as:
B. DEPUTY LIBRARIAN
C TUTOR (in the following subject areas)
3. Music and Dance
4. Ghanaian Language (Twi)
5. English Language
9. Education Studies – Guidance and Counselling
10. Education Studies – Measurement and Evaluation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE OF REQUIRED TUTORS
1. Hold a good first degree and Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) degree in the relevant subject area. Both degrees must be in the same subject area.
2. Be a distinguished teacher and scholar in teaching and learning in his/her subject area of specialization.
3. Have a good understanding of the issues and activities of teacher education / preparation in Colleges of Education in Ghana.
4. Have good character and high degree of personal integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Setting and marking of assignments and examination questions
3. Invigilation of examinations
4. Supervision of students on Supported Teaching in Schools (STS)
5. Supervision of students’ projects, research and publications
6. Assisting in administration of departments
7. Extension work/service to the College and the nation
8. Any other related duties assigned by the Principal or his/her Representative.
The Deputy Librarian shall assist the Librarian in performing managerial, administrative and general library services for the College.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Possess minimum of a master’s degree in Library Science or information related field.
2. Have served as Assistant Deputy Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the address below.
Dambai College of Education
P. O. Box 84,
THE APPLICATION PACK SHOULD CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
1. Application letter for the specific subject area addressed to the Principal of the College.
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
3. Certified true copies of relevant educational and professional certificates.
4. Academic transcript for the first and second degrees.
5. Two reference reports, at least one of which should be from a Head of Department / Unit with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference reports should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
1. Professional competence and work output.
2. Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
3. Interpersonal skills.
4. Any other relevant information.
Applications should reach the College Secretary on OR before 5:00 pm of 23rd August, 2021.
KINDLY NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.