DR. LAWER EGBENYA
Dr. Lawer Egbenya, an astute and hardworking member of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has successfully filed to contest the forthcoming elections as the Secretary for the NDC South Tongu Constituency.
He filed his nomination after the Functional Executive Committee of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has officially announced timetable to conduct elections for Constituency, Regional and National Executives of the party across the country.
The NDC has begun the process of filing nominations for the conduct of Constituency elections.
According to Dr. Lawer Egbenya, on the first day of the two-day activity, which began on 28th September, he was the first and only candidate at the time to file in the Constituency.
He explained that, his agenda of building a resilient, united, development-focused and election winning constituency through credible and consistent information flow and building the capacity of NDC branch secretaries has just began.
Dr. Lawer Egbenya noted that, it is going to be a long road but he is determined to go through, as the work has just began.
“I am very grateful to the many delegates and party members of our great party who had endorsed my forms for me. To the many who supported me to reach out to almost all our branches, I am forever grateful for the massive show of support.”
“To have gone beyond the initial required 2/3rd total branches’ endorsement certainly was a good one. Let’s get to work and make it happen. Much grateful to you all for the support thus far” Dr. Lawer Egbenya
DR. LAWER EGBENYA’S BIOGRAPHY
DR. LAWER EGBENYA’S EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Dr. Lawer Egbenya holds;
1. PhD. Neuroscience, University of Oslo, Norway.
2. MSc. Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
3. BSc. Psychology (First Class Division), University of Ghana, Ghana.
4. SSSCE, Sogakope Senior High School, Sogakope.
SOME PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• Been lecturing at the School of Medical Sciences, College of Health and Allied Sciences (CoHAS), University of Cape Coast (UCC) from May, 2014 till date.
• Served as a Teaching and Research Assistant (National Service), Department of Psychology, University of Ghana, Legon from Oct., 2010 – Aug., 2011.
SOME CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PARTY
• 2022: Developed a proposal and presented same to the National Democratic Congress (NDC) South Tongu Constituency Executive Committee on averting the possible 2024 election rigging agenda of the New Patriotic Party based on the use of the Ghana card as the only source document in obtaining a voter’s ID card.
• 2022: Contributed to the organization and facilitation of a meeting for executives of some branches on the party’s constitution and their functions as branch executives.
• 2020: Provided logistics/resources to NDC party agents during the general elections.
• 2020: Provided support/resources to the South Tongu Constituency office during the parliamentary and presidential elections.
• 2020: Provided logistics/resources to some NDC registration agents during the compilation of new voters register by the Electoral Commission of Ghana.
• 2013 – 2014: NDC Party communicator, Radio Tongu, South Tongu.
• 2008, 2012 and 2020: Mobilised party members to vote during parliamentary and presidential elections.
SOME RELEVANT LEADERSHIP POSITIONS HELD
• Aug. – Sept. 2022: Organiser, Kpotame PCG 1B branch, NDC.
• 2022: Member, South Tongu District Assembly Special Development Committee of all the District’s Traditional Areas.
• 2016/17: Executive Member, PhD Forum, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway.
• 2015 – 2017: Deputy Secretary, Ghana Union of Norway.
• 2014 – 2016: President, Ghana Students Union, Oslo.
• 2009/10: Acting Vice President, National Union of Tongu Students and Associates.
• 2009: Lead Founder and first Executive Director, Beyonders Foundation.
• 2007/08: General Secretary, National Union of Tongu Students and Associates, UG Chapter.
• 2004/05: Assistant Senior Prefect, Sogakope Senior High School.
• 2001/02: Senior Prefect, Battor R/C JHS, Battor.
• 1998/99: Senior Prefect, Royals Experimental Preparatory School, Ashaiman.
POLITICAL AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP/AFFILIATION
• National Democratic Congress
• Ghana Neuroscience Society
• University Teachers Association of Ghana
• Society of Neuroscientists of Africa
• Norwegian Neuroscience Society
• Federation of European Neuroscience Societies
• Canadian Association for Neuroscience
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERSHIP/JOURNAL REVIEWS
• Scientific African Journal (Elsevier)
• Global Health Action (Taylor and Francis)
• Environmental Disease (Wolters Kluwer-Medknow)
Authored a personal development book titled “To The Dreamland” and also published many scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals of high impact.
Attended and presented his works at many local and international conferences. Authored several opinion articles on personal blogs and news sites including ModernGhana, GhanaWeb etc.
Reading and watching and playing football.
VISION FOR THE CONSTITUENCY SECRETARY POSITION
To build a resilient, united, development-focused and election winning constituency through digitalization, capacity building of branch secretaries and provision of credible and timely information.