Position: Health & Safety Manager Reporting to the General Manager, the Health & Safety Manager will play a critical role in ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for all employees and visitors. Compliance with relevant standards, procedures, and legislation will be a top priority.
- Ensure full compliance with Safety, Mining, and other statutory Codes and Regulations.
- Promote a strong Safety Culture and Hazard Awareness to achieve zero reportable safety incidents.
- Develop and execute safety strategies aligned with the organization’s overall goals.
- Maintain Health & Safety Programmes, emergency response readiness, and crisis management plans.
- Facilitate risk assessments, support the development of H&S Risk Register and Control Plans.
- Conduct coaching, inspections, audits, training, and awareness campaigns to ensure safety compliance.
- Manage compliance with government agencies, shareholders’ interests, and health and safety legislation.
- Oversee health and safety responsibilities, including reporting, investigation, analysis, and claims.
- Perform safety audits and evaluate hazard controls for compliance with EHSMS.
- Manage resources, prioritize tasks, and lead technical projects.
- Implement change strategies and measure performance to drive continuous improvement.
- Influence leaders and stakeholders to support health and safety initiatives.
- Prepare business cases, reports, and recommendations for key stakeholders.
- Review best practices and recommend improvements in health and safety.
- Develop policies and practices and ensure adherence to established methods.
- Set performance targets, monitor employee performance, and identify talent development opportunities.
- Conduct performance evaluations and corrective actions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or relevant Engineering field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of practical experience in a senior H&S role within the mining industry.
- Postgraduate/Master’s degree and HSE Manager’s Certification will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in developing, implementing, and auditing Health & Safety systems.
- Strong investigation and data analysis skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage diverse employees and engage in knowledge transfer.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and under pressure.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in any of the roles, please send your application and CV to [email protected].
Remember to indicate the preferred position in the subject area. The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a reputable mining company and make a difference in the industry. Apply now and take your career to new heights!
READ THE FULL JOB OPPORTUNITY BELOW AND APPLY