Edem Agbana Declared as Ketu North NDC Parliamentary Candidate
A Special committee of NEC led by National Chairman Johnson Asiedu Nketia today, the 16th of May 2023, met with two Ketu North parliamentary aspirants, Eric Edem Agbana and John Adanu.
Present at the meeting were their lawyers and agents. Also present were the regional chairman and secretary as well as the Ketu North constituency chairman and secretary.
The committee made the following findings:
- The elections were transparent, free and fair.
2. Sorting and counting were done successfully.
3. The initial result saw Edem Agbana having 360 votes; John Adanu (359).
4. No agent of any aspirant had any problem with the process until counting
of John Adanu’s votes.
5. The Agent of John Adanu called for recount and validity of ballot papers.
6. Two ballot papers each for Edem and one Tanko were declared by the EC
as invalid, while 1 ballot paper for Adanu was also declared as invalid on account of the EC official having mistakenly not stamped them.
7. Ballot papers issued tallied with people who voted.
8. Ballot issued tallied with the ballot statistics and so there was no issue of
over voting or electoral anomalies.
9. The ballot papers that were not stamped by the EC were issued by the party
election directorate and were therefore not deemed to be external voting material.
10. All parties agreed that the said five ballots did not constitute foreign
- The Committee’s Ruling is that it is not fair that an aspirant will suffer for the sins of the EC.
2. The initial result, that saw Edem having 360 votes and John Adanu 359 votes, in the view of the committee, is therefore authentic and valid.
3. Edem Agbana is therefore declared as the PC elect for the Ketu North Constituency.
4. The party also took note of some unfortunate utterances made by Edem Agbana against some regional and constituency executives and ordered him to issue a public statement to
retract and apologize to them.