Management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) has adjusted the academic calendar and dates for Senior High Schools (SHS) for the 2021 Academic Year.
The Ghana Education Service has therefore directed all Heads of Schools to take note of the new adjustment and to communicate same to staff, students and parents.
Below are the reopening and vacation dates for the various cohorts of students.
DOUBLE TRACK SCHOOLS
1. Senior High School form three (SHS 3) students are reopening on May 5th, 2021.
2. Senior High School form two (SHS 2) GREEN students are reopening on 1st June, 2021.
3. Senior High School form two (SHS 2) GOLD students are expected to vacate on 29th May, 2021.
4. Senior High School form one (SHS1) GREEN students will be vacating on 15th June, 2021.
5. Senior High School form one (SHS1) GOLD student will be vacating on 4th May, 2021
6. Senior High School form one (SHS 1) SINGLE TRACK students will be vacating on 15th June, 2021.
SINGLE TRACK SCHOOLS
1. SHS 3 Students – Reopening on May 5th, 2021.
2. SHS 2 Students – Vacating on 1st June, 2021.
3. SHS1 Students – Vacating on 16th, July, 2021
Additionally, Heads of Senior High Schools running Double Track for Form 1s are to, as a matter of urgency, communicate to all parents about the designated tracks for their wards to enable them plan accordingly.