The Ghana Education Service (GES) is inviting applications from all suitable and qualified professional teachers for consideration for appointment as headteachers.
In an official letter signed by Mrs. Justine Ivy Apawu, the Municipal Director of Education -K.E.E.A for Regional Director of Education in the Region, she said vacancies exist for the position of Assistant Headmaster/Headmistress in some Senior High Technical Schools in the Central Region.
Therefore, the Region is inviting applications from suitable and qualified professional teachers for consideration for appointment in the Region.
Applicants must strictly satisfy the following list of qualifications:
a. Must be a Graduate Professional Teacher with at least Five (5) years of teaching experience in a Second Cycle School. A Second Degree is an advantage.
b. Must be on the grade of an Assistant Director I or above and must have been on the grade for a minimum of two (2) years.
c. Must be able to serve at least four (3) years before he/she retires from the service.
d. Must have held any one or a combination of the following positions for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Unit Head at Metro/Municipal/District Education Directorates.
- Head of Department.
- Senior Housemaster/Housemistress
- Guidance and Counselling Coordinator
- In addition to the above, an applicant must have a satisfactory conduct and work history with the Ghana Education Service.
- Applicant must be ready to accept appointment and postings to any school within the Region where vacancy may exist for Assistant Head.
- GES Invites Applications for Appointment of Heads in Central Region
- Tamale Technical University Students Protest Proposed 15% Fee Increase by Boycotting Lectures
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested applicants should fill four (4) copies of the application forms (obtainable at the Regional Education Office and the various Metro/Municipal/District Education Directorates).
- The set of completed application forms must be accompanied by Confidential and Performance Appraisal Reports by the supervising Head of the applicant.
- Certified copies of all relevant certificates and promotion letters.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS & DEADLINE
The completed application forms must reach the Regional Education Office, Cape Coast, through the Metro/Municipal/District Education Offices not later than Tuesday, 11th April, 2023.
Photocopies of filled application forms and late submission of application forms will NOT be accepted.
Only shortlisted applicants would be invited for interview.