The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) has commenced the Final Round of Mop-up for 2021 Population and Housing Census across the country.
Addressing the press on the current state of the 2021 Population and Housing Census, the Government Statistician, Prof. Samuel Kobina Annim said, they have extended the period for Enumeration from now to 8th August, 2021.
He also said, between now and 8th August 2021 will be used for correction of errors and quality assurance spot checks nationwide to ensure credible and valid data collection.
He again said all regions cross 99% completion with the exception of Greater Accra (93%). He indicated that, Enumeration has concluded in all districts except for 8 districts yet to reach 95% completion rate.
Meanwhile, Household validation and correction of errors are currently ongoing across the 272 Statistical Districts.
Prof. Samuel Kobina Annim also said, Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) will withdraw from the field on 8th August 2021.
REASONS FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF MOP-UP
Prof. Samuel Kobina Annim said, the reasons for the Final Round of Mop-up are;
1. Refusals to participate
2. Inaccessibility to residences with restricted access
3. Foreign communities
4. Coverage in rapidly growing urban areas
DATA COLLECTION TO CONCLUDE ON 8TH AUGUST 2021
1. Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) will withdraw from the field on 8th
August 2021 and bring the data collection for the 2021 PHC to a conclusion.
2. Between now and 8th August, we want all persons who have not yet been counted to come out and say they have not been counted
3. We appeal to the public to use the official channel for reporting
ENUMERATION CONTINUES IN DISTRICTS YET TO ACHIEVE COMPLETE COVERAGE
All districts except the underlisted have achieved 95% completion
1. Ga West
2. Kpone Katamanso
3. Ga North
4. Adentan Municipal
5. La Nkwantanang -Madina Municipal
6. Ga East
7. Tema West
QUALITY ASSURANCE MEASURES TO CONTINUE UNTIL 8TH AUGUST
1. The period between now and 8th August will be used for correction of errors and quality assurance spot checks nationwide
2. Quality assuring data using previous censuses
3. Members of the public should expect census officials to visit households or call to verify data collected by enumerators
4. Census officials will be wearing jackets branded with the 2021 PHC and GSS logos and carrying photo ID.
5. Note: ID cards have the expiry data of 31st July and and so Enumerators have been given a letter of introduction for the mop-up period. Persons in doubt should call the toll-free number 0800-426-426.
The official outbound call numbers will be used for these calls.
The Management of Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) once again thanks the public for their cooperation during the exercise
“We express our appreciation to all Census Officials, Field Officers, stakeholders and respondents who have contributed to help bring the data collection exercise to a successful end. To persons yet to be counted, please make yourselves available by using the call-back card or informing neighbours of your availability.” The statement said.