How to fill and interpret pupils’/students’ report cards forms an integral part of the assessment.
Results of pupils/students MUST be recorded in their respective report cards in order to understand the performance of learners in general.
We have compiled a guide for all Teachers/Facilitators which will aid the smooth filling (grading and interpretation) of scores acceptably.
Here, guidelines for Grade boundaries, Conducts, Interests, Talents, & Other comments/general remarks have been put together in this article. Kindly walk through patiently to grasp all the content.
1. GRADE BOUNDARIES
Warm, Calm, Serene, Composed, Gentle, Mild Pleasant, Charming, Delightful, Jovial, Cheerful, Jolly, Hearty, Serious, Matured, Natural; Impressionable, Impassionate, Spirited, Excitable, Imperturbable, Staid, Grave, Sedate, Demure, Resigned, Playful, Unaffected; Affected, Quick, Ferocious, Acute, Cutting, Incisive, Fiery, Hysterical, Impetuous, Heady, Hot, Sentimental, Mettlesome, Over-Sensitive, Mercurial, Restless, Boisterous, Impulsive, Volcanic, Stoical, Morose, Glommy, Moody, Melancholic, Sharp, Caustic, Cheerless, Pensive, Flashy, Nervous, Hot-Headed, Emotionally Stable, Fussy, Impulsive, Cynical, Sophisticated, Mature. Alert, Energetic, Active, Quick, Industrious.
Diligent, Indefatigable, Laborious, Persevering, Assiduous; Passive, Leisurely, Steady; Inactive, Slipshod, Indolent, Lazy, Slovently, Idle, Torpid, Apathetic, Sluggish, Languid, Slow, Drowsy, Fatigued, Worm, Tired; Conscientious, Painstaking,
Ready, Willing, Enthusiastic, Keen, Eager; Reliable, Helpful, Dutiful; Unwilling, Begrudging, Reluctant, Demure, Sober, Composed, Half- Hearted, Unreliable, Irresponsible, Timid, Unstable, Careless, Persevering, Evasive.
Brilliant, Enterprising, Inspiring, Striking; Nil, Venturous, Confident; Unenterprising, Lacking. Excellent, Punctual, Regular; Irregular, Late, Early (The Last Two Words May Be Modified By) Always, Frequently, Often, Generally, Seldom, Sometimes, Rarely, Scarcely, Never, Excellent, Regular; Irregular.
- Playing video games.
- Watching cartoons on TV/watching anime.
- Playing sports such as football, soccer, handball, basketball, volleyball, etc.
- Playing a musical instrument such as a piano or a guitar.
- Pet care
- Martial arts
- Horse riding.
- Art and Painting
- Public Speaking
- Self Management
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Video Creation
- Jokes / Humor
- Sign Language
- Teaching / Training
- Negotiating Skills
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses
- Future Thinking
- Analyzing the Past
- Ability to deal with failure
- Strategic Planning
- Time Management
- Story Telling
- Ability to make Friends
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Relieve Stress
- Asking Questions
- Risk Management
- People Judgment
- Human Resources
- Conflict Resolution
5. OTHER COMMENTS/GENERAL REMARKS
This section has three (3) make-ups. They are Favourable, Average, and Unfavourable.
1. Intelligent & keenly interested in the subjects.
2. Intelligent & attentive.
3. Capable of learning all the subjects equally well.
4. Conscientious and capable: has a high potential for even better
5. Knows his lessons well.
6. Keen on studies.
7. Above average/above standard.
8. Bright, diligent.
10. Clever & diligent.
11. Good and tidy.
12. Interested in this subject.
13. A steady worker.
14. Attentive and steady in work.
15. Has tried hard and should keep on trying.
16. Has tried his best.Remove featured image
17. Shows great interest in his studies.
18. Making good progress.
19. Excellent progress.
20. Does very careful & neat work.
21. Has worked well throughout.
22. Good & helpful in class.
23. Trying hard to learn.
24. Willing to learn.
25. Well-balanced progress.
26. Good response in class.
1. Intelligent but needs to take more interest in school work/lessons.
2. Intelligent but takes school work/lessons too casually.
3. Intelligent but careless.
4. Intelligent but needs to take school work/lessons more seriously.
5. Satisfactory result but capable of making further progress.
6. Satisfactory result but has not worked to his full capacity.
7. Satisfactory result but should not be content with it.
8. Required to work more steadily; a better result
was expected of him.
9. Average work/standard.
10. Quiet & quite diligent.
11. Has improved quite a lot, should keep on trying.
12. Has shown fairly good progress but should keep on working harder.
13. Quite good.
14. Should have done better.
15. Should pay more attention in class.
16. Could have achieved better results.
17. Satisfactory work.
18. Capable of further progress.
19. Quite good in his work but should be more co-operative.
20. Satisfactory on the whole.
21. Progressing satisfactorily.
22. Room for further progress.
23. Steady but a bit slow in his work.
24. He has shown some efforts.
1. Emotional instability tends to cause poor result.
2. Poor result: should take full advantage of the summer vacation.
3. Should work more conscientiously.
4. Should try to make up the deficiency during the summer vacation.
5. Regular study during the summer vacation is needed to improve his poor achievements.
over confidence is the cause of his poor
7. Tends to neglect his subjects.
8. Should pay more attention to weaker
9. More practice in …… (e.g. Mathematics,
spelling) would result in improvement in
class behaviour/would result in academic
10. Wastes a lot of time in useless activities.
11. Ignores teachers’ advice.
12. Slow to learn and indifferent to advice.
13. Too optimistic and careless.
14. More self-respect and pride are needed.
15. Tends to give up too soon and too easily.
16. Too shy and too self-conscious.
17. Should try to participate in class
activities with more enthusiasm.
18. Should learn to be more polite and
19. Should learn to observe school rules/respect teachers.
20. Weak result, more attention is required.
21. Failed because of too frequent absence.
22. Absent-minded at times.
23. Rather restless and talkative.
24. Disappointing result in ………… .
25. Too easy going; should take more
interest in studies.
26. Needs improvement in………… .
27. Good in general but weak in………… .
28. Rather untidy & careless.
29. Needs help at home.
30. Lack of concentration.
31. Should practice more writing & composition.