A comprehensive guide on how to request MTN eSIM
The leading telecommunications network in Ghana, MTN has announced another medium for acquiring SIM cards.
In their announcement, MTN introduced eSIM (electronic SIM) for customers. The eSIM according to MTN will be an embedded SIM in the smart devices for customers for convenience and to make switches between multiple devices easily.
They added that the new medium for acquiring SIM cards will also support the connection of watches tablets, and other smart devices as it used to be before the new development.
REQUIRED INFORMATION TO REQUEST FOR eSIM
In the new development for acquiring SIM cards, specifically eSIM, the following will be requested:
- The name of the customer.
- The phone number of the customer.
- Email of the customer.
- A SIM plan will be requested. In the SIM plan, kindly choose Prepaid /or Postpaid as your SIM plan.
- The request has the device brand as one of its options.
- You will be instructed to upload a portrait picture of your face.
- Upload a picture of your National ID Card. That is Ghana Card, in other words, a foreign passport for foreigners.
- Finally, submit your request.
Where can I request eSIM?
How to request MTN eSIM
- The first step in requesting eSIM is to Download the myMTN app.
- After the download, make sure you verify your phone number. In the process of verifying your phone number, do not prevent the app from loading. Allow the app to load.
- Spot the three (3) lines at the top right corner of the app’s interface and click on them.
- Check and choose ESIM there.
- Expect the eSIM menu to open at this stage of the process (i.e after clicking on ESIM).
- Key in your phone number after the eSIM portal opens.
- Here, an OPT message will be sent to you by your network operator.
- Check it out and verify the OPT number sent to you.
- The eSIM request form will be displayed. Kindly fill it out.
Which device supports eSIM?
To check the type of device which supports eSIM, kindly follow the steps below:
How to check which device supports eSIM
The first step is to open the phone app.
Next, check the compatibility of your device. Use the code *#06#.
Expect an EID number which is an indication that your device is compatible.