The Internal Auditors from the Ghana Audit Service Department have commenced a nationwide auditing exercise of Government of Ghana workers in the Public Sector.
According to the information available to Coverghana.com.gh, a team of internal auditors have been deployed across Ghana to critically and extensively audit the Public Sector Workers on Payroll across government institutions.
The notice indicated that, the auditors will audit accounts of the Ghana Accountability for Learning Outcomes and Project (GALOP) schools, staff on government Payroll among other vital information.
A cover letter signed by the Volta Regional Director of Education, Enyonam Afi Amafuga (Ms) to District, Municipal and Metropolitan Directorates in the region has confirmed the ongoing audit exercise.
Our sources have also confirmed that, similar exercise is currently ongoing in other parts of the country while the exercise is yet to commence in other District/Municipal/Metropolitan.
According to the letter, a team of Internal Auditors will be in the Municipal/Districts Offices to audit capitation Grant, GALOP and Payroll in GALOP Schools from 14th February to 11th March, 2022.
The Regional Director in a letter directing staff of the Ghana Education Service to cooperate with the auditors said, it is requested that all financial records among others; Cash book, SPIP, Performance contract signed, receipts booklets, Payment Vouchers, Three months
payslip (January, June and September), ESPV for the year 2021 and made available for auditing.
The directive said, the last two (2) Promotion Letters, First Appointment letter, Attendance book and any other related records in connection with the exercise are updated and made available before the arrival of the Audit team.
The team leader is expected to submit draft report two weeks after completion of the exercise
CHECKLIST FOR PAYROLL AUDIT
The following are the checklist for the Payroll Audit. Each staff is expected to make available the needed documents available before the auditors arrived.
1. CURRENT STAFF LIST (to know actual staff strength of the school)
2. EPV FOR THE PREVIOUS MONTH (check whether EPV contains only staff names or not, whether it contains others teachers not on staff)
3. PHOTOCOPY OF LAST TWO PROMOTION LETTERS
4. PHOTOCOPY OF FIRST APPOINTMENT LETTER (to verify the appointment)
5. PHOTOCOPY OF STAFF JANUARY PAYSLIP (To check actual grade, rank, management unit of teachers in relation to their promotions or upgrading)
6. PHOTOCOPY OF LAST EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATE
7. ANY VALID NATIONAL ID CARD (to verify name, picture of teacher)
8. SCHOOL ATTENDANCE REGISTER (to check staff punctuality)
9. PERMISSION FILE (to know if teachers seek permission and number of days granted by head)
10. STUDY LEAVE WITH OR WITHOUT PAY FILE
11. DOES THE SCHOOL HAVE PUPIL TEACHERS AND ARE THEY RENEWING THEIR CONTRACTS EVERY FIVE YEARS?
12. INSPECT SCHOOL TIME TABLE (whether teachers are been guided)
13. VIEW LESSON NOTE PREPARED AND SIGNED BY HEAD, TAKE NOTE IF SOME TEACHERS DON’T WRITE NOTES.