Human Resource Officer Position at T-TEL
Transforming Teaching, Education, and Learning (T-TEL), a Ghanaian not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving learning outcomes and productivity, is seeking a qualified individual to join their team as a Human Resource Officer. This role entails various responsibilities, including the development and implementation of initiatives aligned with T-TEL’s organizational culture and values. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline.
The Human Resource Officer will play a key role in managing and advising on human resource initiatives, such as recruitment, performance management, learning and development, compensation and benefits management, and employee engagements. The successful candidate will provide guidance and support to staff, ensuring their growth, development, and well-being.
- Craft job descriptions and work scopes for employees and consultants in collaboration with line managers/supervisors.
- Support the recruitment process for vacancies and new roles within the organization.
- Assist the General Manager-Commercial in recruiting consultants for T-TEL’s programs.
- Manage orientation and onboarding processes for new employees, ensuring a positive experience.
- Ensure compliance with local and international labor laws and regulations.
- Assist the General Manager-Commercial in managing the bi-annual staff performance review process.
- Monitor and facilitate effective performance management plans set by the organization.
- Develop a succession planning system for T-TEL.
Learning and Development:
- Lead the development of the annual training plan and support its implementation.
- Manage the organization’s Employee Voucher Scheme to promote learning and development.
- Provide continuous feedback on the scheme’s progress to the Senior Management Team.
- Introduce innovative approaches to talent management and learning within the organization.
Compensation and Benefits Management:
- Develop a competency and leveling framework.
- Maintain and update the organization’s salary grading system.
- Conduct salary benchmarking surveys to inform decision-making.
- Periodically review and manage compensation packages.
- Monitor staff timesheets, payroll, and consultant invoices.
- Track staff absences and manage employee wellness programs.
- Conduct staff and key advisors satisfaction surveys, analyze feedback, and develop action plans for improvement.
- Lead the formation of a Welfare Association for staff.
- Organize staff durbars to enhance engagement and communication.
- Provide coaching and guidance on employee relations issues to line managers/supervisors.
- Collaborate with the Annual Planning Committee.
- Fulfill assigned duties as directed by the General Manager-Commercial.
- Periodically review the Human Resource manual and recommend best practices.
- Master’s degree in human resource management (professional certification preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in human resource management or administration.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, and multitasking abilities.
- Proficient in completing complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Reliable and a team player.
- Adaptability to fast-paced and changing environments.
- Proactive in raising issues and resolving problems.
Applications must be submitted electronically to [email protected] by 5 pm on Wednesday, 31st May 2023. Applicants should clearly indicate the job title in the subject line of their email and application letter.
Don’t miss this opportunity to contribute to the transformative.